Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to practice patience!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need to practice patience!

I have no idea what is wrong with me. My scores are the highest they have been in years, and everytime i get a huge score bump i somehow think thats my signal to apply for more things. I am not getting approved either. So i need to just chill. I guess I just get so excited and seeing all my hard work come through. I want to get a new car in july so i will wait until then to apply for financing. Just wondering what my score could be now if i hadnt wasted a couple of inquiries in the last month. Live and constantly learning

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
JayTee1
Frequent Contributor

Re: Need to practice patience!

I know what this feels like.  There's nothing wrong with you, I think a lot of people go through this, and when it sinks in that you're holding yourself back, then you'll garden.

At least that's what happened to me.  I haven't applied for anything in a full month, and I swear, it feels like six months.

March 2014: Abysmal, low 500s

April 2015: TU 607 | EQ 599 | EX 608
March 2019: TU 717 | EQ 727 | EX 727
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know i will say im in the "garden " an dit has literally been a week lol . I will just chill out and find a hobby till July. In the mean time i can help DH clean up his reports!

Message 3 of 11
JayTee1
Frequent Contributor

If you're determined to garden, go to the May 2016 gardening thread, add your name, and then grab the seedling picture for your profile.

Believe it or not, I can't wait until I can change that picture to month two (I think it's a spade).

March 2014: Abysmal, low 500s

April 2015: TU 607 | EQ 599 | EX 608
March 2019: TU 717 | EQ 727 | EX 727
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im gonna wait until august to join the garden because my interest rate on my car is horrendous so i want to try and refinance and then garden for a year to plan for a mortgage, while at the same time getting my utilization down. Thank you!

Message 5 of 11
AutoBot
Established Contributor

PATIENCE: easy to say and really hard to implement when it comes to rebuilding....Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

^^^^^ You are so telling the truth!!! I have such high utilization and I am thinking maybe get a personal loan for the year and pay off more than the minimum, or pay off a big chunk in the next few months and maybe see if i qualify for a 0% card. Getting married in 10 days and we went a little nuts with the CC's.

Message 7 of 11
earena
Contributor

It's so hard. I paid stuff off and had a late misreport last month and it was so greuling to wait for everything to update correctly. I checked several times a day. Almost applied for the card I wanted just to see... So glad I waited though because after all was done my score jumped 90 points and I got more than what I wanted. Thank goodness for me school starts next week so I will be way too busy to obsess over anything else for a while.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great job resisting the urge to apply! If only i could pick up that kind of behavior. I just obsess because all of my credit cards right now are reporting balances and its hard to manage all of those accounts and seeing how much interest im paying makes me sick. I just want to pay one lump sum and not rack the cards up again. I swear if i had  ablance transfer card i could take care of this but the credit game is a catch 22 its hard to get credit when it will benefit you and you need it.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have no idea what is wrong with me. My scores are the highest they have been in years, and everytime i get a huge score bump i somehow think thats my signal to apply for more things. I am not getting approved either. So i need to just chill. I guess I just get so excited and seeing all my hard work come through. I want to get a new car in july so i will wait until then to apply for financing. Just wondering what my score could be now if i hadnt wasted a couple of inquiries in the last month. Live and constantly learning

If you have some depth and width to your file, inquiries are harmless. I've yet to see an inquiry effect my scores.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.