Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to raise scores

tag
fleetsm
Established Member

Need to raise scores

I've been trying to recover from bk7 back from 2010. I immediately saved for a secure card after filing and after 4 years of consistent payments they refused to convert to unsecured. I'm done with this credit union just want to payoff and close but afraid of my scores taking a huge hit. I have a capital one unsecured that bumped me up to 2700 a carsons store card that I'm paying down. Scores were in high 600s until my student loan interest hit last month. Rough 2 years from a layoff-finally found a job but significant less pay for a single Mom which is preventing me from paying down my student loans. I applied for a meijer mastercard but got the 10 day review which probably means no. Trying to be responsible and work with the second chance I was given but I just feel stuck. Any suggestions for raising scores would be much appreciated.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: Need to raise scores

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need to raise scores

Local credit unions aren't very good for rebuilders/risky people in my experience.  They just don't seem to have the financial backing to do somewhat risky business and give someone a chance.

I  got approved by my local credit union for an unsecured credit card with a $1000 credit limit.  Then they saw I had a tax lien and said they needed proof I was paying down the tax lien before they give me the card.  Come on, who in the world denies a credit card because of a tax lien?

I said screw them and went to NFCU and got a $15,000 signature VISA within 10 minutes.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.