cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need your recommendations on a strategy to fix my credit and increase my FICO score

tag
Bigdaddy69
New Contributor

Need your recommendations on a strategy to fix my credit and increase my FICO score

Here is my current situation: 

CS:      EQ 529   TU 537  EX 540

Neg:    EQ     3    TU     4  EX      3

Col:     EQ     1    TU     0  EX      1

INQ:     EQ   12   TU     4   EX     3

LCH:    EQ 6y, 8m / TU 5y, 6m /EX 7y, 9m

Credit HX:

BK 11/04 Discharged

(3) Open accts

Santander Auto HB $18K  Balance $17K Ratio 99%  several lates with the last one in 6/2012

(2) USAA secured cards CL $5K Balance $2K Ratio 46% open in Sept 2012 never late.

Closed accts

AHMSI Mortgage HL $151K Balance $0 paid in full account with multiple lates

BOfA    Mortgage HL $120K Balance $0 paid in full never late

Cap1   Auto          HL $   19K Balance $0 Settlement acct paid less than full amount

1st Premier           HL $   424 Balance $424 CO account does not belong to me- tried several times to disput with OC/CSR

Please provide me guidance on the next steps to clean up my report and help raise my FICO.

page4image41544page4image41704page4image41864

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Need your recommendations on a strategy to fix my credit and increase my FICO score

Having an account that does not belong to you, particularly if showing a charge-off, can be addressed via the identity theft process.

The dispute process usually is not adequate, as they verify based on their records.  If their records show you as the responsible party, then they can truthfully verify.

They have no proof that you are not responsible, and under the dispute process, dont have to provide any documentation in support of their verification.

File a police report, asserting you never authorized the account, and thus it must have been opened by another using your identity.  Send that to the CRA, and then any information on the account must thereafter by blocked from your future CRs under FCRA 605B.

Additionally, send a copy of the police report to the creditor, who must then, under section 609(e), provide you all business records pertaining to the account.

That will enable you to contest your alleged authorization on the account armed with factual documentation.  The dispute process does not provide you that information.

On the closed accounts with derogs, send GW requests for their deletion. 

The high util accounts are now hurting even if not delinquent, and if delinquencies persist, may lead to charge-offs based on the high debt.  They have looming major derogatory potential.

At least be sure to maintain them in good standing.

Message 2 of 4
p-
Valued Contributor

Re: Need your recommendations on a strategy to fix my credit and increase my FICO score

@Bigdaddy69 wrote:

Here is my current situation: 

CS:      EQ 529   TU 537  EX 540

Neg:    EQ     3    TU     4  EX      3

Col:     EQ     1    TU     0  EX      1

INQ:     EQ   12   TU     4   EX     3

LCH:    EQ 6y, 8m / TU 5y, 6m /EX 7y, 9m

Credit HX:

BK 11/04 Discharged

(3) Open accts

Santander Auto HB $18K  Balance $17K Ratio 99%  several lates with the last one in 6/2012

(2) USAA secured cards CL $5K Balance $2K Ratio 46% open in Sept 2012 never late.

Closed accts

AHMSI Mortgage HL $151K Balance $0 paid in full account with multiple lates

BOfA    Mortgage HL $120K Balance $0 paid in full never late

Cap1   Auto          HL $   19K Balance $0 Settlement acct paid less than full amount

1st Premier           HL $   424 Balance $424 CO account does not belong to me- tried several times to disput with OC/CSR

Please provide me guidance on the next steps to clean up my report and help raise my FICO.

page4image41544page4image41704page4image41864

Step 1 - Read all of the sticky threads under Rebuilding Credit in the forum.

Step 3 - Success!

Message 3 of 4
Bigdaddy69
New Contributor

Thanks@RobertEG

I will proceed with the police report on 1st Premier as you suggested.

Anybody have luck GW with AHMSI & Santander Auto?

Would it be worth my time tring to GW AHMSI Mortgage when the account is now closed?

I also have copies of my Nexus Lexis reports is that worth pursuing?

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.