Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Needing Advice on a Rebuilding Plan

tag
Pharoe33
Regular Contributor

Needing Advice on a Rebuilding Plan

I’ve sat and read so many informative and motivational threads here on myfico and the more I read the more motivated I become formulate my own solid plan and get my credit back in order.

Life changes, bad decisions and irresponsibility have gotten me in a financial hole. With a baby on the way and my desires to build or purchase my home next year I strongly feel I need to kick into gear and formulate a plan I can fully dedicate myself to.

I’m more than 100% sure my utilization is what’s destroying my scores right now. I’ve read numerous times to pay off the small accounts leaving them at zero and working down the bigger ones yield the best results in fico scores. I’ve listed my current financial situation below, any advice on how to tackle this for success in being approved for a home loan 12 months from now?

My current financial situation:

Annual Income: 74K

Scores:

EQ-581, TU-618, EX- 591

Installment Debts:

Auto Loan – 54K @ 7%

Conns Electronics – 2,500

Revolving Credit:

USAA Platinum: 7K limit - 6K balance

NFCU Flagship:  15K limit - 14,200 Balance

NFCU nRewards 15K limit - 14,800 Balance

NFCU Line of Credit 500 limit – 300 Balance

Kay Jeweler - 800 Limit – 700ish balance

Baddies:

3 Paid Collections - Due to fall off next year, written good will letters but continue to get denied.

1 Verizon Collections – 1,400 Verizon continues to update this collection every month. I’ve disputed continuously and have had no lick with removal. I have no knowledge to this balance. I closed a Verizon account back in 2012 and haven’t had Verizon since.

1 Reliant Energy Collection – 400 bucks, this account is from an old reliant energy account from 2012. The account was just placed on my report in Sept. 2014.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Needing Advice on a Rebuilding Plan

Yes. Your utilization is killing you. The bigger cards are being viewed as maxed out so you are getting hit individually and as a total. The paid collections are not a priority if they are due to drop off. I would keep GWing them monthly just for the chance of removal. The Verizon is killing you too since it is updating monthly. I would suggest DV the CA and call Verizon and ask about the account. They may have tacked on a bunch of charges when you closed your account if there was any type of balance. if it is your try to pay Verizon if possible.Do a PFD on the energy bill. Work them until they agree. Get those 2 off and get the utilization down and you will see a great increase. The auto and Conns just pay on time and work that util. down. Good luck.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.