Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Needing a push in the right direction

tag
doc101
Regular Contributor

Needing a push in the right direction

Hello guys. I have been combing through this site for awhile now and have read and learned alot. I appreciate all the info and advice that has been giving, but I'm back for help. As I have watched my scores slowly climb since joining Myfico, it seems I may have hit the proverbial "bump in the road." I can's seem to get my scores beyond 615. I have experienced seeing my scores drop to as low as 590, but somehow they raise back up to at least 608-615. I would really like to see them get at least 620 to qualify for a long awaited mortgage. Any help given is much needed and greatly appreciated.

Starting Score:Equifax 543
Current Score:EQ659 TU 716 EXP677 updated 7/3/2016
Goal Score: 700

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: Needing a push in the right direction

Without giving more specifics on your credit profile, it is hard for any advice to be given.

What is on your credit reports?

What have you been doing so far to help improve your scores?

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 2 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@doc101 wrote:

Hello guys. I have been combing through this site for awhile now and have read and learned alot. I appreciate all the info and advice that has been giving, but I'm back for help. As I have watched my scores slowly climb since joining Myfico, it seems I may have hit the proverbial "bump in the road." I can's seem to get my scores beyond 615. I have experienced seeing my scores drop to as low as 590, but somehow they raise back up to at least 608-615. I would really like to see them get at least 620 to qualify for a long awaited mortgage. Any help given is much needed and greatly appreciated.

Without knowing what is on your reports it's hard to give advice.

How is your utilization?  That is one of the fastest ways to get your score moving.

Message 3 of 5
doc101
Regular Contributor

I have 2 credit cards, secured and unsecured, both with $300 limit, uti below 20% (usually)

Sallie Mae student loan, pay on time each month

Springleaf Financial loan, on time

$500 loan from credit union, balance is $160

3 loans from local finance companies (balances $500, $500, and $2100)

No car payments, no mortgage,

One student loan in forbearance, another one currently in rehab process

Starting Score:Equifax 543
Current Score:EQ659 TU 716 EXP677 updated 7/3/2016
Goal Score: 700

Message 4 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@doc101 wrote:

I have 2 credit cards, secured and unsecured, both with $300 limit, uti below 20% (usually)

Sallie Mae student loan, pay on time each month

Springleaf Financial loan, on time

$500 loan from credit union, balance is $160

3 loans from local finance companies (balances $500, $500, and $2100)

No car payments, no mortgage,

One student loan in forbearance, another one currently in rehab process

i would try to bring down the utilization to at least 10% if possible.

Also, the local finance companies are probably considered Consumer FInance Loans and FICO will ding you for those.  If that is what they are.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.