Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Needing new credit lines to rebuild

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Needing new credit lines to rebuild

My FICO is a 509 and my scores range from 509 to 555 with the different credit bureaus.  There are some major players that I know about but everyone tells me I need open credit lines to help boost my score.  The problem is with my scores no one wants to give me credit.

I got a Capital One secured card and I am guessing that will help.  Are there any other suggestions for acquiring new credit lines to help compensate for the negatives until they come off my report?

Thanks

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

Re: Needing new credit lines to rebuild

The Capital One will definitely help to start.,.

After which, you will want to get an unsecured card when yer scores start hitting 580 or so... There are many options. I went with Credit One bank, some go with Orchard, ect ect

I think you are on the right path tho

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you.  Its slow rebuilding and I guess I just want it to be quicker.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

It definitely is hard to be patient. The process seems slow, but will feel faster when you are all done.
Message 4 of 5
mAndrew1980
Established Contributor

With a 509 score your best bet is probably a secured  card. Capital One can provide you with it. Once you get the secured card, make small purchases and PIF every month. During this stage your primary focus should be cleaning your reports (PFD's, GW's, disputes, etc).

After maybe 9 months or so with the secured card, you can try to obtain an unsecured card through Capital One or Orchard Bank.

Transunion: 713 FICO (5/13/2014) MyFico
Experian: 789 FICO (4/10/12) Lender Pull
Equifax: 695 FICO (1/10/14) MyFico

My cards: Chase United Mileage Plus 7000CL (3/12), CITI Simplicity 1800CL (9/12), Cap1 Platinum 1000CL (2/10), Cap1 Cash back 1500CL (11/11), Apple Barclay's 2500CL (11/11), Discover IT 6000CL (5/13)

My Primary Financial Goal is to put down my utl%.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.