Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Needing some encouragement

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Needing some encouragement

My midscore went from 565 in May to 610 this month. It needs to be a 640. Our lender says I can hit that by paying off everything, but leaving a $20 balance on one card. Will that really work? THey'll hold the house we want until September, but not sure how much longer after that!

Secondly, is that damn CO from 2011 that I have NO idea what it is. I've sent two DV letters (I never got anything in the mail for this!!), and both have come back with "Can't find this with your info, please provide us with a copy of your credit report, blah blah blah" BS. It's for something medical, but I had NO medical care in 10/11 that insurance didn't pick up. What do I do now? Let it ride 30 days and send them a letter to delete it if they can't prove it? If they delete, can they re-insert without notice??

Thanks guys!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

Re: Needing some encouragement

@Anonymous wrote:

My midscore went from 565 in May to 610 this month. It needs to be a 640. Our lender says I can hit that by paying off everything, but leaving a $20 balance on one card. Will that really work? THey'll hold the house we want until September, but not sure how much longer after that!

Secondly, is that damn CO from 2011 that I have NO idea what it is. I've sent two DV letters (I never got anything in the mail for this!!), and both have come back with "Can't find this with your info, please provide us with a copy of your credit report, blah blah blah" BS. It's for something medical, but I had NO medical care in 10/11 that insurance didn't pick up. What do I do now? Let it ride 30 days and send them a letter to delete it if they can't prove it? If they delete, can they re-insert without notice??

Thanks guys!

Well, they are not required to repsond to a DV if it wasn't timely. If they already sent you a dunning notification in the mail, they don't have to do anything. They also don't need to validate. They just have to stop collection activies until they do.

Is it a CO or a CA account? COs don't fall under the DV provision, only CAs I believe. I think you migh have just gotten your abrv. wrong.

What your lender says may work, depending on how many cards and what are your balances compared to limits. You need to let us know that information in order to give you a real guess as to your scores.

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was a CA - you were right, just hit the wrong key Smiley Happy

Accts are as follows as of last report (7/12)

Fingerhut: 300/800 (needs to be 0)

Capital One: 145/500 (needs to carry $20) - Carries 460 now (vacation expenses) but will be 20/500 by end of august.

Capital One (HSBC): 100/500 (needs to be 0) - Carries 450 currently, but paid by end of august.

HSBC: 1140/300 (Needs to be 0, and will be by Aug 1st)

Credit One: 350/450 (needs to be 0, will be by next due date 8/18)

Merrick: 425/500 (needs to be 0, will be by sept 1st)

With that CA (for $313), I never received anything in the mail. I'm kind of a pack rat when it comes to financial info, and I don't have ANYTHING with that amount from that company, or any other for that matter...

Message 3 of 6
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Do a search for HIPPA deletions.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 4 of 6
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It was a CA - you were right, just hit the wrong key Smiley Happy

Accts are as follows as of last report (7/12)

Fingerhut: 300/800 (needs to be 0)

Capital One: 145/500 (needs to carry $20) - Carries 460 now (vacation expenses) but will be 20/500 by end of august.

Capital One (HSBC): 100/500 (needs to be 0) - Carries 450 currently, but paid by end of august.

HSBC: 1140/300 (Needs to be 0, and will be by Aug 1st)

Credit One: 350/450 (needs to be 0, will be by next due date 8/18)

Merrick: 425/500 (needs to be 0, will be by sept 1st)

With that CA (for $313), I never received anything in the mail. I'm kind of a pack rat when it comes to financial info, and I don't have ANYTHING with that amount from that company, or any other for that matter...

Is the HSBC 3000 or 300?? If its 300, then yeah, pay that right away. Maxed out cards are FICO killers. Near maxed out cards are FICO killers.

Judging by your balances; I think you would likely get a large point boost if you did pay those down to 0. I think you would get the points needed.

In regards to Repo-ed's post, you must pay medical collections before the HIPAA process will work. 

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's 140/300. I'd die if it was really what I had written! I'm trying to negotiate a PFD on a few but we'll see how that works out..
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.