Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Needing some encouragement!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Needing some encouragement!

HI All,

I"m new to these boards.  I've been learning valuable information here and began my letter writing/faxing/emailing campaign last week.  So far, I've addressed almost all of the issues on my credit report.  I'm starting with a 553.   The information here has given me tremendous courgage to look at my credit situation and to go ahead and do something about it.  Before now, it's been something I figured I'd never resolve and make better.  I believe now that I can do that. 

My dilemma today is that two of the people I've written so far have had negative responses, and yes, it's gotten me a little down.  So far, I've had success getting like four things removed from my report.  I was on a roll!

The two i'm dealing wtih today are: 

One is for a hospital bill for $843.  The account was opened 05-2006.   I did not have insurance at the time.  I wrote a GW to the Pres of the CA and he obviously gave the fax to an employee who just called me over the phone and refused to do a GW.  He then said I could make a paymetn plan but they would not be deleting it.  I said, well, other agencies have offered to that in exhange for payment.  He was quite rude and went on to tell me he didn't have to do anything for me.  I shut him down quick.  Let him know that if he couldn't agree to delete in exchange for payment, that i couldn't make an agreement. 

What should I do in this case?  Be patient and pay it, and just wait another three years before it comes off my report, or should I try to get the hospital to get it back from the CA, or what else?

Problem 2:

I wrote the collections mgr at my old credit union with whom I had an auto loan.  I was asking them to remove the lates.  They refused to do it.  I am now writing a letter to the President of the CU hoping that he will be able to make that decision.  anything else I should do? 

What I think I need to understand that I don't really know yet, is will I be able to obtain high scores with lates on my report, even if I take care of a lot of the other things  Will this hinder me greatly?

What should my attitude and expectations be?  Am I expect to get almost all of this stuff cleared up?  Is that unreasonable?  Or should I have the expectation that some things I"m going to just have to be patient and let them fall off in a few years?

Thank you for any encouragement and advice you can offer.... I really appreciate it!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Needing some encouragement!

One is for a hospital bill for $843.  The account was opened 05-2006.   I did not have insurance at the time.  I wrote a GW to the Pres of the CA and he obviously gave the fax to an employee who just called me over the phone and refused to do a GW.  He then said I could make a paymetn plan but they would not be deleting it.  I said, well, other agencies have offered to that in exhange for payment.  He was quite rude and went on to tell me he didn't have to do anything for me.  I shut him down quick.  Let him know that if he couldn't agree to delete in exchange for payment, that i couldn't make an agreement.  A GW letter is generally meant for a paid account or maybe a late payment removal.  Rarely will it be accepted for a bill that is unpaid.  NEVER, EVER, talk to a CA.  All communications should be done in writing, CMRRR.

What should I do in this case?  Be patient and pay it, and just wait another three years before it comes off my report, or should I try to get the hospital to get it back from the CA, or what else?  Call the hospital and see if you can apply for financial aid of some sort.  It may be too late but is worth the try.  You can also ask if they would allow you to make payments to them and recall the account from the CA. 

Problem 2:

I wrote the collections mgr at my old credit union with whom I had an auto loan.  I was asking them to remove the lates.  They refused to do it.  I am now writing a letter to the President of the CU hoping that he will be able to make that decision.  anything else I should do? That's about all you can do.

What I think I need to understand that I don't really know yet, is will I be able to obtain high scores with lates on my report, even if I take care of a lot of the other things  Will this hinder me greatly?  Single 30 day lates that are over 2 years old have less impact on your score.

What should my attitude and expectations be?  Am I expect to get almost all of this stuff cleared up?  Is that unreasonable?  Or should I have the expectation that some things I"m going to just have to be patient and let them fall off in a few years?  Don't expect overnight miracles.  Credit repair can be a long journey.  Yes, some things may just have to age off your report.  Do not let setbacks get you down.

Thank you for any encouragement and advice you can offer.... I really appreciate it!

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much.  I will be patient and follow these instructions.

Message 3 of 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

You can also follow the links at the bottom of my signature.  There is a wealth of information in those links.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.