cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative Tradeline Removed - Score Dropped 22 Points?

tag
Laura2323
New Contributor

Negative Tradeline Removed - Score Dropped 22 Points?

I have recently been working on improving my credit and have hit a couple of snags.  I recently paid off my car loan and for some reason the company decided to report my current status as "thirty days late" instead of paid.  I am still working on having that fixed and it has really hurt my score (see other posts).  I was also running into the same problem with a previous mortgage I had in which the home was shortsaled (they were reporting as currently 120 days late).  I disputed it with the credit reporting agencies and filed a complaint with the BBB, and I checked my TU report today and the entire tradeline has been deleted.  I would think that this would bring my score up - not down by 20 odd points as this tradeline reflected a lot of lates, failed to pay, etc.  Any thoughts as to why this would happen?  Is it because I no longer have a mortgage tradeline on my account?  Any insight would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
casmith1980
Established Contributor

Re: Negative Tradeline Removed - Score Dropped 22 Points?

My guess is the removal of your mortgage TL messed with your AAoA....
Filed BK 12/5/14
341 meeting 1/9/15
Anticipated discharge 3/10/15

Goal: 700 by 3/2017
Message 2 of 4
Laura2323
New Contributor

Thanks for the input but I bought the house in 2006 and sold it in 2010.  Would it effect it that much? 

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@casmith1980 wrote:
My guess is the removal of your mortgage TL messed with your AAoA....

^^ This would seem to make the most sense....

If youre talking about TU, it could also be that the mix of credit isn't good enough as well, as I have seen that before....

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.