cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative accounts on report when IIB but paid on time?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Negative accounts on report when IIB but paid on time?

Ok so this is new to me. I filed for Ch 7 in October and was discharged in February. All my accounts were paid on time up until the day of filing (no late payments, no negatives). Now after discharge, all my accounts are reporting a "negative" for the month of October and IIB/discharged. From what I understand, they are not allowed to report anything negative other than IIB/discharged once you file as that can be seen as collecting for payment; now here's the thing, its inaccurate for them to report it as Negative is it not?

I filed October 28 and the accounts were on-time and positive so are they legally able to report the accounts as Negative for October? The funny thing is it doesn't show any late payments and even shows the account closed with 0 late payments, yet each account still shows up as a "negative". I understand its negative because of the discharge/IIB, I just did not know there would be a specific hit for each account as each was paid on time up until filing. I only see this on Experian. My Equifax and TransUnion don't have a "negative" and all show OK/On-time and IIB/discharged.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Negative accounts on report when IIB but paid on time?

Yes, there will be a IIB/derogatory mark on every account. The different bureaus notate it differently in my experience. It sounds like yours are showing up correctly. The ones you need to dispute are ones that say "late x days," or accounts that report delinquency dates way after your discharge. Experian has a "never late" notation. If that isn't on your CR, I would dispute to have it added. It should say "chapter 7 discharge/never late."
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! I will do that!

Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If the debt was cancelled by the BK, the creditors did not get paid.

The fact that the accounts had no payment history derogs is unrelated to the identification of the account as a negative in that the debt was discharged by means other than its payment.

The furnisher reports the discharge of the debt.  The designation by the producer of the credit report of that being a "negative" is not "reported" by the furnisher.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.