Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative item disappeared

tag
chibi
Valued Member

Negative item disappeared

Hi. I have a question and somebody might be able to explain me why is this happening. I had 1 60 late negative on Springleaf account back in July,2008. Few times I tried sending GW letters but no success. Figured I will just leave it alone since it has been 5 years and its probably not hurting me as much anymore. Today I purchased reports from all three bureaus and to mu suprise that account was removed completely from my TU and EQ reports like it was never there. Funny thing is EX still shows it. This was a instalment loan and it was paid of in November 2008. My question is why did this happen? I am glad the negative item is not showing but then again whole history was deleted, so its win some lose some. Can somebody tell me if creditor decided to delete it from reports wouldnt they delete it from all of them?  

Thank you

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Negative item disappeared

Was it ever disputed around that time?

Message 2 of 4
chibi
Valued Member

Now that you mention it, I think I did dispute it but only on 1 bureau so that cant be the reason why it was deleted from 2 bureaus.

Message 3 of 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@chibi wrote:

Now that you mention it, I think I did dispute it but only on 1 bureau so that cant be the reason why it was deleted from 2 bureaus.

Actually it can. If you dispute with one CRA, the creditor will often extend a review with all 3 CRAs. It's not uncommon to dispute on one CRA and lose on all 3. It could be that EX didn't see a reason to have it deleted. I'd keep GWing.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.