Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative to Positive For 10 Years

tag
AutoBot
Established Contributor

Negative to Positive For 10 Years

I had an old Nelnet student loan account that has some late payments. Last late payment was in Aug 2010. The account was closed and transferred to another lender back in 2011. Anyway, the account fell of EQ in June and TU in July. It was still listed as "Late" on my current EX report. I called EX to have it removed. The first CSR said there is no date listed when it's supposed to fall off so she transferred me up the chain.

Second CSR said the account will go from a Negative to a Positive on my report in October of this year and will remain a positive on my account ofor 10 years. Does that sound right?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Negative to Positive For 10 Years

Yes. Monthly lates re excluded individually when they hit 7 years.

Message 2 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Is it a federal student loan?

Message 3 of 6
AutoBot
Established Contributor

@RobertEG wrote:

Is it a federal student loan?

Yes it was.

Message 4 of 6
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Yes that should be right. Once they fall off the rest should report positive.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 5 of 6
Jesedmotherof5
Established Contributor

All mine report old ones positive now... I never understood it.
6/9/08 FICO TU 697 EX698 EQ 618uti 6% (once new accounts hit) BIZ- DUNS 80, EX 35
GOAL 2008- 700s+ new car
2010 BE a first time buyer
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.