Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative trade lines that have been paid

tag
pnkgirl25
Valued Member

Negative trade lines that have been paid

Hi everyone! Question for you guys.

Had a car tha was paid off 3 years agao. It was a 5 year loan. In year 2 of that 5 year loan I was 30 days late 2 times. When I pull my credit report the trade line is showing "Paid In Full" but it is showing up as a negative tradeline (I'm assuming because they were late). I have contacted Toyota and asked if they could pretty please remove the 2 lates but they said they don't do that. I have sent SEVERAL goodwill letters also no luck.

Is this trade line really hurting me since it is so old? Anyone have any ideas what I can do. ince it is my oldest trade line is trying to have it removed 100% from my credit report a bad idea? Is that even possible?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
dursty87
Established Contributor

Re: Negative trade lines that have been paid

I have a similiar situation.  I have an auto loan I opened in 2006 and had a few 30 day lates in 2009.  I paid the loan off since and it is showing up as a negative item on my CR.  From what I understand, being that it was so far back and they were indeed 30 days late and not 90 days, then there isn't much of an impact on your score.  After 7 years those 30 day lates will remove.  Personally I wouldn't mess with it since they are old and it is your oldest TL, but more knowledgeable members can offer a different opinion.

Message 2 of 5
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

What year were those lates?

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 3 of 5
pnkgirl25
Valued Member

November and Decemer of 2007

Message 4 of 5
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

They will fall off on their own in a few months.  Those are minor derogs and stopped hurting some time ago.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.