Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negatives keep RE-APPEARING on CR after delete

tag
gidget
New Contributor

Negatives keep RE-APPEARING on CR after delete

A couple of years ago, creditor agreed to remove lates from cr as long as I never was late again.  I have never been late since.  I signed up for credit monitoring.  Creditor sent me a letter stating that they notified cra's to delete the negative reporting from my accounts.  Lates were deleted.  Approximately every other month, the same lates re-appear.  Each time this would happen, I would call the creditor, explain the situation, and they would contact the cra's to remove the lates and also send me the same letter. 

This last time, I received the letter but the lates remained on one of the cr's.  I called the creditor and they told me to wait it out a month (usually it comes off within a day).  I waited then called the creditor back.  The creditor told me that this is taking a lot of time and effort on behalf of his office to contact the cra's each time the negatives are put back on the report and that the cra's should not be reporting this.  He told me that it is the cra's that are putting the information back on and that I should cra's directly.  I explained that it has been my experience in the past that cra's say they only report what they are instructed to by the creditors and that I should contact the creditors directly. 

This has greatly affected my FICO and I am disappointed because I have kept my agreement with creditor and expected they would also keep their agreement with me.  I would like the negative reporting permanently deleted.  I'm at a loss as to what to do now.  I would greatly appreciate some advice on this issue. 

Thanks all!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gidget
New Contributor

Re: Negatives keep RE-APPEARING on CR after delete

I will send Tuscani's letter.  Will this prevent them from re-inserting or will they make sure to give me 5 days notice next time? 

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Negatives keep RE-APPEARING on CR after delete

Since these  are accurate lates that the creditor agreed to remove, the re-insertion letter isn't applicable.

The problem is that the reporting tape or program(whatever, I don't fully understand this) still show the lates. So, everything the creditor updates your account during the regular monthly updates, the lates go right back on.

This is where the problem is, I am 99% sure.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.