Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Collections - Need Advice Please

tag
chela62678
Regular Contributor

Network Collections - Need Advice Please

So this Collection is on my husband's report back from 09. We sent a TX DV Certified Mail.

All we received was the contract that says he owes for breaking.

Now there is no SS on this contract, for me to cross check with. The DOB is wrong, the TX DL is wrong and the employer is wrong.

Looks like he was a cosigner on this loan but he does not recall ever signing anything.

The signature is not even his.

I called them to talk about this and they said he needed a notarized letter stating this information and then they would look into this but he is still liable for the debt.

I advised them that we are not sure that it is his debt and they did not properly validate this debt, so our next steps was to contact the AG, BBB, and CFPB.

Their response is that by law they are not required to provide any information other than what they have provided, and furthermore it is none of my concern since it is not my debt.

Smiley Mad

What would be my next step?

Direct Discpute for incorrect information?

Updated 11/12/14
EQ 717 TU 718 EX 732

updated FICO 10/28/14
EQ 710 TU709 EX683

myfico scores 10/25/14
EQ 677 TU 695 EX 683

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Network Collections - Need Advice Please

Did the BBB, AG, and CFPB say it was not your interest? You need to have your husband make the complaints since it is his social. If it is truly not his account do the FTC Fraud Affidavit.

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Did the BBB, AG, and CFPB say it was not your interest? You need to have your husband make the complaints since it is his social. If it is truly not his account do the FTC Fraud Affidavit.

IMHO, this is not necessarily fraud or ID theft, but it clearly *is* someone elses debt who has the same name. Different DL#, no SS#, Different Employer, and not his signature, is evidence that its another person other than him. He needs to sign an affidavit swearing to such, with copy of DL, record of employment, and any other relevant info to establish his identity and history. Send to the CA and send to TX AG, include a C&D, and an ITS if not removed within 30 days and FOLLOW THROUGH if they don't comply. You have CLEAR EVIDENCE that its not him. If they press it take them to court over it. The only reason these abusive CA's continue to do stuff like this they don't get dragged into court often enough when they refuse to accept reasonable evidence.

Message 3 of 11
chela62678
Regular Contributor

ThanksPistol

NormanH this is the thing. This was an old girlfriend who got a membership at a gym. We think she used his information to sign as the cosignor, but didn't give it to them correctly.

If this gym can give us proof that he signed, and a copy of his information. $133 won't break me. I just know they will not do PFD since they were so rude to begin with when I called.

Already the gym broke the rules since he was not present and used his information.

What is the best course of action to take care of this.

Such a headache.

Updated 11/12/14
EQ 717 TU 718 EX 732

updated FICO 10/28/14
EQ 710 TU709 EX683

myfico scores 10/25/14
EQ 677 TU 695 EX 683

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

In that case, file a police report for ID theft. Thats exactly what occurred.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

In that case, file a police report for ID theft. Thats exactly what occurred.

Agree. You can get a generic FTC doc on their site for this specific purpose. Notarize it and send the PR in and it has to be deleted. Been there done that.

Message 6 of 11
chela62678
Regular Contributor

Thank ya'll! After talking Hubby just wants to pay it. Cat Frustrated doesn't want to hassle., 

feels $133 is no biggie..

but overall wrong grrr 

Updated 11/12/14
EQ 717 TU 718 EX 732

updated FICO 10/28/14
EQ 710 TU709 EX683

myfico scores 10/25/14
EQ 677 TU 695 EX 683

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@chela62678 wrote:

Thank ya'll! After talking Hubby just wants to pay it. Cat Frustrated doesn't want to hassle., 

feels $133 is no biggie..

but overall wrong grrr 

Paying it won't necessarily get rid of it. It will still be on there, unless they agree to PFD.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hubby needs to spend a few weeks sleeping in the garage. That'll adjust his attitude.

Message 9 of 11
chela62678
Regular Contributor

No kidding.

Went into the OC place of business today, and I paid them. They will tell CA that debt is paid. Should be removed by 30 days.

$104 and will be less headache at least

Updated 11/12/14
EQ 717 TU 718 EX 732

updated FICO 10/28/14
EQ 710 TU709 EX683

myfico scores 10/25/14
EQ 677 TU 695 EX 683

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.