Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Never been more discouraged!

tag
RTOrockstar
Frequent Contributor

Never been more discouraged!

About a year ago I discovered this site and for the first time in my life(at the young age of 37) I began to work on repairing and rebuilding my credit that I had neglected forever. I've made progress this year, little by little. Paid off a state tax lien, got 2 credit cards(1 secured) and thought that although I've only moved up to the lower-mid 600's that I was making a difference. Now I just discovered that I had an account(old $95 cable bill) go into collections and sabotage all the work I've done. I'm so angry with myself right now. This feels like the lowest point I've been at since I started. I just have no clue where to go from here. 

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Never been more discouraged!

Don't get discouraged, get motivated.  Get this off your CR.  Send them a PFD, you say it's old, how old is it?  Is it past the SOL of your state?  You can use that in your PFD if it is.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 13
HappySoda
Valued Member

Everyone is here to help. You'll be back on your feet again soon!!
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't get discouraged. I would give my eyeball for a 632, and I've been rebuilding since February. You cam come back from this...because 37 is still pretty young. (That's my age too, and I refuse to think we are all that old. Life begins at 40, yanno? Smiley Wink )

Message 4 of 13
RTOrockstar
Frequent Contributor

Re: Never been more discouraged!--UPDATED!

I posted this back in Oct and since then there has been good things happen to me AND my credit report. Back in January, I found a cable receipt for what? $95. The same $95 that was now terrorizing my credit reports. I quickly disputed the collection and sent copies of the receipt to the big 3. TransUnion and Equifax both removed the collection in a matter of weeks, although Experian is hanging onto it to this very day. Sigh.

The point of all this is that there are times during the credit rebuilding process, or life in general, that we get so discouraged and frustrated that we want to quit and throw in the towel, but that is when we need to dig a little deeper and find that extra we need to keep going. 

My scores are still aways off from even being in the 700's and I know there are still frustrations I'm gonna deal with along the way, but that's ok. I won't give up.

Message 5 of 13
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Never give up!!! Any time you need advise or help with something, you can PM me anytime!!!! Credit rebuilding can be a long process!!!!! I started with a Fico score of 495. I found this site started to ask questions got myself a consumer attorney for the harder TL's to deal with and I can happily say I'm over the 700 mark for the first time in a long time!!! 

Message 6 of 13
traveler2005
Established Contributor

Never give up, you are doing a great job. I have been with this wonderful group for almost 2 years, its slow going, but steadily my scores are improving. Its 2 steps forward and 1 back as they say. Best wishes to you!Smiley Happy

Starting Score: TU 573 Exp 523 Lender Pull, Eq 583
Current Score: TU 673, Exp 664.,Eq 672 04/17/2015 TU 741 Equifax 682 Experian 678

Goal Score: 700 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Last HP 6/10/2015
Message 7 of 13
ktl72455
Valued Contributor

Just curious, why not sent a copy of the reciept to the CA  in addition to all 3 or even contact the OC with copy of reciept and get it off your last report.

From MI.
12/4/12 TU 589 MyFico ~EQ 579 MyFico ~EX 577(Fako)

Myfico 8 scores
6/12/20 TU 803 ~ EQ 814~ Ex 784
My Wallet: Cap1 3,500K ~FH 2950~Credit One 1750~Credit one #2 1250~Orchard Bank 400 ~NFCU nRewards 18,000~NFCU Cash Rewards 18,500 ~Care Credit 12000~Discover 6000~Lowes 5450~ Amex 5400.00 ~ Harvest King 8000 ~ Langley~Penfed~Service CRU~red stone cru~
UTL 17%
Message 8 of 13
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

Don't get discouraged. At least it isn't for a large amount of money. 

Message 9 of 13
RTOrockstar
Frequent Contributor

For the record I'm not discouraged at all right now. I was simply updating my post from 6 months ago to show how much can change in that time span. I actually went on a small app spree this week and gained 3 new cards(Walmart $400,Old Navy $400, and SC Telco FCU Visa $1000).

I just see some posters that are just starting their journey and I kinda wanted to show that it's OK to have set backs as long as you never stop moving forward.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.