Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Never received a single piece of paper from CA

tag
ScottL
New Contributor

Never received a single piece of paper from CA

a little over a year ago, my wife and I split up, but luckily it only last a few months and I came back home. However, during that time, I did get an apartment and some utilities, then when I came back home I had to break my lease, etc to come back.

So now i have a few collections on my account, the collection for the apartment lease and 2 collections for an ATT and TXU bill.

I have tried disputing them all on the CB websites about 6 months ago, and they didnt come off. I think I chose the option no knowledge of this debt or something.

Anyway, I was just thinking, when I moved into that apartment and when I moved back home, I never did a change of address, everything still went to my house where my wife was living when I was in the apartment (except for the utilities to the apartment), then when I came back home, I never did anything.

So here I am a little over a year later and I never received any paperwork from these CA and I assume why, is because they probably sent them to the apartment address since they know nothing of my home address.

is there some kind of loophole or something I can do to have them removed considering I never received any paperwork?

Starting Score: 498 (Jan 2013)
Current FICO 8: 687 EQ, 683 TU, 700 EX
Goal Score: 680
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Never received a single piece of paper from CA

Actually no.  All they have to do is say they made a reasonable effort to contact you, hence sending the bill to the address of the service.  I would try a PFD.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.