cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Account In Collections? Need Help!!!!

tag
Miss_Donna30

New Account In Collections? Need Help!!!!

I just recieved an alert from myfico stating that a new collections had been added to my credit report. However, the collection is very vague. 

New collection on debt by:  284YC00207
Reported: 12/1/2012
Show/Hide Details
In 8/1/2012, the collection agency 284YC00207 was hired by creditor Not Reported to collect $553 in debts on account number XXX7356.
Original balance:$553Agency name:284YC00207
Current balance:$652Agency number:284YC00207
Status (as of 12/1/2012) :UNPAIDAgency industry:Not Reported
First delinquency:6/1/2009Original creditor:284YC00207
Last payment:Not on Record  
Description:Not Reported

What do I do about this????
Please Help!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
kjel
Established Contributor

Re: New Account In Collections? Need Help!!!!

I had the same problem identifying the CA on one of my collections (I knew the OC). I pulled my free annual credit report and the full name and address were listed.
Current Score: TU: 674 | EQ: 722 | EX: 717 | Last Inq. 2/16/15...Locked Up in The Garden
NFCU Cash Rewards $14K | Chase Sapphire Preferred $5K | Amex Blue Cash Preferred $6K | Cap1 Quicksilver One Visa $9K

Message 2 of 10
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 3 of 10
Sneekn4u
Contributor

I disagree with the medical part, I have the same thing on Myfico report as well and I know for a FACT it's not a medical bill and I asked while I had Myfico on the phone about it and the person stated he couldn't explain it, I didn't push it any further cause Iknow what it was. Just got to one of the fako sites and pull your report and match the $$$$$ amount. It does make it kind of difficult on Myfico especial if your looking to contact the CA to dispute.

Starting Score 11/2012 EQ: 615
Current Score 3/19/2014 EQ: 687
Current Score 3/19/2014 TU: 694

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge Discover IT $4500 Citi Simplicity Chase Freedom $3000 Cap 1 QS $1500 Cap 1 $300 Macy's $1500 Buckel $550 VS $500 Brylane Home $1000
Message 4 of 10
mmmlive1999
Frequent Contributor

@Sneekn4u wrote:

I disagree with the medical part, I have the same thing on Myfico report as well and I know for a FACT it's not a medical bill and I asked while I had Myfico on the phone about it and the person stated he couldn't explain it, I didn't push it any further cause Iknow what it was. Just got to one of the fako sites and pull your report and match the $$$$$ amount. It does make it kind of difficult on Myfico especial if your looking to contact the CA to dispute.

+1 Yes get your free annual report or a $1  FAKO to see the account details.

Starting Score: 6/6/12: TU 585/EQ 472/ EX 561
Current Score: All 800's
Cap1 QS - $17k, Chase Southwest- $25k, Discover IT - $50k
Message 5 of 10
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

I have something very similar on my credit report and it is in fact a medical collections.

Message 6 of 10
Miss_Donna30

Thanks everyone!

Message 7 of 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The FDCPA has an express requirement for sending of collection (dunning) notice, in recognition that reporting to a CRA is not sufficient identification of the debt, the current creditor, or advisement of debt validation rights.

The information needed should have been conveyed via dunning notice within 5 days after their credit reporting. FDCPA 809(b).

Did you receive dunning notice?  Request debt verification within its 30-day period, being sure to additionally request the name and address of the original creditor.

Message 8 of 10
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Start with pulling your FREE CR's from (ACR) annualcreditreport.com . they tend to have more info on them, then ones from a 3rd   party.   The CR's from ACR, come directly from each of the CRA's. You can pull 1 Free CR from TU,EQ and EX every 12 months.

Save your money and Don't Buy the Scores, they are what we call FAKO's.

If you've already pulled your yearly free reports, you can call the CRA and ask for the information.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also had the exact same thing appear as a new account listed.  However, mine is the exact same amount for an old att account that I just had removed 2 weeks ago from EOS/CCA.  It appears now with 284YC00207 as the collector.  When I disputed the account again, it then showed up as EOS/CCA whom had recently removed it.  I disputed the account sttating it was removed in the past for not being verified and also notified tha last collectiona gency asking them what was up.  Still waiting for a reply.  Ughhh 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.