Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Alert = BAD

tag
Cheshiregrl
Contributor

Re: New Alert = BAD

Wow I didn't realize that disputing an item brings your score down. I guess that explains the 4 point loss.

Starting Score:MyFico EQ 651 6/14
MyFico TU 676 7/14
MyFico EX 670 8/14
Current 3-bureau score watch 3/15:EQ 736 EX 687 TU 783
Message 11 of 15
JPeanut503
Frequent Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

@JPeanut503 wrote:

@kaylord84 wrote:
This is due to a dispute

Must have been my GW gone bad! I specifically said I was not disputing, just asking for a little goodwill Smiley Sad

So now who do I need to contact to get that comment removed? Comenity or the CRA?

Call the CRA to get the dispute comments removed you will need a report number if you dont have one then mail in a letter.

Is there a way to ask them to remove the dispute comments thorugh the internet or is it best to call/write? Thanks!

Beginning myfico score watch 608 (4/4/14)
EQ 652 (9/17/14) myfico
TU 641 (9/17/14) myfico
EX 671 (9/17/14) myfico
**Goal Score: 700 across the board
Message 12 of 15
mynameainttracy
Established Contributor

You can call. It can be taken care of pretty quick. Just curious, what was the dispute about?

Message 13 of 15
JPeanut503
Frequent Contributor

@mynameainttracy wrote:

You can call. It can be taken care of pretty quick. Just curious, what was the dispute about?

It was NOT a dispute actually. I asked for GW to remove a late Smiley Happy

So much for including that I am not disputing anything; just asking for some GW, lol.

Beginning myfico score watch 608 (4/4/14)
EQ 652 (9/17/14) myfico
TU 641 (9/17/14) myfico
EX 671 (9/17/14) myfico
**Goal Score: 700 across the board
Message 14 of 15
Glkslngr
Frequent Contributor

I recall reading somewhere on this forum that asking to remove an item would be considered doing a dispute.... I have submitted disputes with all 3 bureaus to have 4 accounts removed early becuase they are set to expire in a few months... I'm kicking myself right now. Smiley Sad

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.