cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New CA asking for settement, but account is past SOL and date of deletion is Jan 2010!

tag
Red22
Contributor

New CA asking for settement, but account is past SOL and date of deletion is Jan 2010!

A new CA has purchased my old HSBC mastercard account that is due to fall off my CBR's in 7 months due to 7 year time limit.  My question is when the original HSBC account falls off, will the new CA(which is RJM Acquisitions) still be able to report to the CBR's or will RJM's collection account come off too?

I have 3 old accounts falling off my CBR's in the next 7 months.  My scores are improving, but now  I am  receiving letters from other CA's for the other 2 accounts.  They are offering a settlement, but I don't want to settle anything because they are all out of SOL(I'm in CA) and are due to fall off my CBR's in the near future.

Now RJM shows up on my Experian CBR and my  Fako score drops 591 to 580!!!

Crawling At A Snails Pace . . .
*9/01/08 FICO; EQ:524 TU:532 FAKO;EX:536
*12/07/08 FICO; EQ:548 TU: 562 FAKO;EX:565
**03/10/09 FICO;EQ: 624 TU:563 FAKO;EX:585
**09/21/10 FICO;EQ:661 TU:679EX:663(FAKO)

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Re: New CA asking for settement, but account is past SOL and date of deletion is Jan 2010!

Any new CA that acquires your debt is supposed to report original dates, they are not allowed to reage debt. I would seriously consider that settlement with RJM Acq. they are known to be friendly and to accept PFD's. They are very quick to delete once payment has been received!

If you dont mind paying a little money now for instant gratification, then its something to think about.

Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 2 of 8
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Re: New CA asking for settement, but account is past SOL and date of deletion is Jan 2010!

I'm one who believes in paying for my purchases.  I'd try to work the PFD with RJM.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Make sure that you keep hard copies of all CR showing the OC reporting the drop date!!!

Send a DV to all CAs  CMRRR 

The CA must drop at the same time as the OC. This is why you want to have hard copies forever!!

Message 4 of 8
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Make sure that you keep hard copies of all CR showing the OC reporting the drop date!!!

Send a DV to all CAs  CMRRR 

The CA must drop at the same time as the OC. This is why you want to have hard copies forever!!

Yea what she said! LoL!Smiley Very Happy
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

RJM might be known for accepting PFD's but they are also known for trying to collect on invalid debts, debts well outside the sol and for not being licensed to practice business in the state they are trying to collect in.

Recently they came after me for an $86.00 debt that they could not prove was mine (probably because it wasn't) I did my research and found out they are not licensed in my state, I complained to the AG and they ordered RJM to delete the listing from my file.

I checked today and it is GONE!!!!

Message Edited by jeepgirl1975 on 04-08-2009 06:45 PM
Message 6 of 8
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Congrats to you JeepGirl, good job on doing your homework and staying on top your game. Yea were definitely not saying they are perfect although it may seem that way!
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah Im pretty proud Woman Very Happy
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.