Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New CA calling

tag
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

New CA calling

New number calling repeatedly from compliant contact solutions. Could be an old of loan that is owed. However, I more than paid the origin amount . Wish these would be outlawed
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: New CA calling

Pick up the phone and ask the purpose of the call.

If they state it is regarding a debt, then simply tell them to send their formal collection ("dunning") notice, and terminate the call.

By answering the phone, you clearly establish an "initial communication with the consumer<" which then triggers their requirment to send a formal dunning notice within 5 days thereafter.  That will let you know what the debt is alleged to be, and thus provide information on how to proceed, such as by way of a DV request or a pay for not reporting offer.

You gain nothing by ignoring them.  You invoke a self-imposed requriment on their part to send dunning notice by picking up the phone, which will lead to gaining informed into on next steps.

Message 2 of 4
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

I know , just fear keeps me frozen ! I will answer but what if they say you are being sued. The message said legal action ...
Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If they are or have sued, you will hear from the court via service.

Just tell them to send anything they wish to say in writing, and do not discuss anything with them.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.