cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Car Lease and Capital One CC $2K CL within the same week.

tag
Insoc
New Contributor

New Car Lease and Capital One CC $2K CL within the same week.

14 months past Chapter 7 BK Discharge, in addition to a Merrick Bank Visa with a $700 CL, which I obtained last month, within the past week I was able to get a new car lease at a $25K MSRP.  Also just found out I got a Capital One QS or Platinum CC with $2K CL, nothing arrived yet just saw it on Capital One 360 account this morning.

I did have a high Auto Enhanced FICO score, was 30+ points over my actual FICO score, was told that it was 665, was able to get A level lease rates, supposedly that was just below A+ but the finance guy said it was no different in this case.  So it paid off in the end that I reaffirmed my financed car in BK and also assumed the lease of another leased car that went back several months ago in good terms.

The Capital One CC was a shock, since I burned them in my BK for one card, around $3K and was denied a secured and Journey card over the past year.  

This will be it for me in obtaining new credit for a while, so it looks like I'm going in the garden.  It's been a tough wait, but it's good to finally start rebuilding credit and also learning discipline with CCs.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
antso91
Regular Contributor

Re: New Car Lease and Capital One CC $2K CL within the same week.

Congrats!! Thats awesome.

Might I ask what car/lease company it was through? Do you have any charge-offs on your accounts?

Message 2 of 3
Insoc
New Contributor

Re: New Car Lease and Capital One CC $2K CL within the same week.

@antso91 wrote:

Congrats!! Thats awesome.

Might I ask what car/lease company it was through? Do you have any charge-offs on your accounts?

Lease is with VW Credit

All my auto accounts are in good status, no lates, charge-offs or repos.  I was told that's all they care about, did not even care about my BK.  My credit reports only show three CCs as negatives, one was a charge off, Capital One, but obviously it's not a big deal since they gave me another chance for nearly the same amount I burned them for, well $1K shy of it.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.