Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Collection! Update w/ PFD Response

tag
mAndrew1980
Established Contributor

New Collection! Update w/ PFD Response

I spent two years fully cleaning my credit reports about 3-4 years ago. Since then I've had 100% clean reports. However I received my Discover Card statement yesterday and saw my TU FICO dropped 60 points!!! I pulled my credit report today and found that an unpaid speeding ticket for $260.00 in Wisconson in spring 2013 hit my report as a collection with Professional Placement Services. I had sent the payment in but never monitored my bank account to see if it was cashed or not. Well, apparently they never received it.

I have not received a phone call or any correspondence from them in regards to this account. So I went a head and emailed them a PFD letter that I found on here.

Anyone ever had PPS before? Am I just in wait-and-see mode until they respond? I'm so disappointed to have a collection on my report for the first time in years. Maybe it's good that I caught it so quickly though. I cleared 7-8 collections - hopefully I can clear this one.

Transunion: 713 FICO (5/13/2014) MyFico
Experian: 789 FICO (4/10/12) Lender Pull
Equifax: 695 FICO (1/10/14) MyFico

My cards: Chase United Mileage Plus 7000CL (3/12), CITI Simplicity 1800CL (9/12), Cap1 Platinum 1000CL (2/10), Cap1 Cash back 1500CL (11/11), Apple Barclay's 2500CL (11/11), Discover IT 6000CL (5/13)

My Primary Financial Goal is to put down my utl%.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Brand New Collection with Professional Placement Services!!!

Sounds like you have done a lot of great work with your credit! great job. It's ok, life happens to everyone. You may want to google the company's phone number and email. Sent the PFD via email and/or call them and ask. I am not a patient person, lol. Traffic tickets are generally easier to handle than other debts. Hopefully they will email you PFD info and that will be it.

Message 2 of 9
mAndrew1980
Established Contributor

Thanks! They responded already. Is the below good enough for me to proceed and send the money?

Mr. xxxx:

I am able to offer the terms set forth in the attached letter.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions.

This is an attempt to collect a debt by a debt collector. Any information obtained will be used for that purpose.

Thank you,

Dave Hansen

Collection Manager

Professional Placement Services, LLC (PPS)

http://www.paypps.com

(414) 220-4105

(414) 220-4102 fax

My cards: Chase United Mileage Plus 7000CL (3/12), CITI Simplicity 1800CL (9/12), Cap1 Platinum 1000CL (2/10), Cap1 Cash back 1500CL (11/11), Apple Barclay's 2500CL (11/11), Discover IT 6000CL (5/13)

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mAndrew1980 wrote:

Thanks! They responded already. Is the below good enough for me to proceed and send the money?

Mr. xxxx:

This is an attempt to collect a debt by a debt collector. Any information obtained will be used for that purpose.

Thank you,

Dave Hansen

Collection Manager

(414) 220-4105

(414) 220-4102 fax

What is in the attached letter? If it states they will delete then go for it! I wish they were all this easy. So great you kept on top of your scores and reports.

Message 4 of 9
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@mAndrew1980 wrote:

Mr. xxxx:

Thank you,

Dave Hansen

Collection Manager

(414) 220-4105

(414) 220-4102 fax

What is in the attached letter? If it states they will delete then go for it! I wish they were all this easy. So great you kept on top of your scores and reports.

+1

Keep this letter for your records just in case!

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 5 of 9
mAndrew1980
Established Contributor

Having trouble uploading the letter but it is on official letter head and says:

Credit Bureau Release Notification

Please be advised that Professional Placement Services LLC (PPS) is the collection agency acting on behalf of the above referenced client for this account. This communication is from a debt collector.

PPS will advise the credit bureau reporting agencies that your account (s) listed should be deleted, if the balance in the amount of $262.47 is paid on or before October 17, 2014. PPS is able to offer this option because we were provided with the incorrect listed address.

Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. Please contact our office at 414-xxx-xxxx if you have any further questions.

The only thing is it's not signed. But it is on PPS letter head. Should I go ahead and send the money to them?

Message 6 of 9
jacksont1981
Frequent Contributor

@mAndrew1980 wrote:

Having trouble uploading the letter but it is on official letter head and says:

Credit Bureau Release Notification

Please be advised that Professional Placement Services LLC (PPS) is the collection agency acting on behalf of the above referenced client for this account. This communication is from a debt collector.

PPS will advise the credit bureau reporting agencies that your account (s) listed should be deleted, if the balance in the amount of $262.47 is paid on or before October 17, 2014. PPS is able to offer this option because we were provided with the incorrect listed address.

Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. Please contact our office at 414-xxx-xxxx if you have any further questions.

The only thing is it's not signed. But it is on PPS letter head. Should I go ahead and send the money to them?

Sounds like a go ahead to me! Good luck!

Started 6/2014 EX 594 EQ 617 TU 580 FICO's Goal is 740's and up
Message 7 of 9
mAndrew1980
Established Contributor

Thanks guys! I feel very lucky and fortunate. Now I'm just praying it gets removed and the rest of the process goes smoothly. Eventually we'll be refinancing our home so I need to keep these reports clean!

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Be careful and make sure your license is still active. I had the same thing happen to me and my license was suspended....I didn't know since the address was changed and they don't forward mail from DMV typically.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.