Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Comer: Need Help! Long Road to Financial Freedom

tag
butterflydiamondj76
Established Member

New Comer: Need Help! Long Road to Financial Freedom

Hi Everyone,

I have been so overwhelmed today after pulling my FICO and all 3 CRs.  My score is 577 for Exp and nothing showed up for TU or EQ.  I don't even know where to start.... My ulitmate goal is to be able to sleep at night and not worry about this when I retire in the far away future.  My husband is on disability,   I have one son in college and a daughter entering high school.  I would like to have some of this burden resolved.  Some day I would like to go back to college to finish my degree but I don't how getting more student loans will affect my credit.  Here is my breakdown:

CH7 Bankruptcy on record until 2015

Judgement: Finance Maryland also know as Mariner Financial on record until 2016.  This account has been paid in full.  Still being reported as charge off on EQ.  I have a dipute on file since 201. On record until 2016

Collections:  

Seminole State College $540 (2011)

Tamarron Apartments via collection agency $7680 (2011): This account was reported in 2007.  I have a dispute on file since 2011.  It's schedule for removal 2014.  I don't owe them and the SOL has run out.

ATT Wireless $892 (original) $1,381(collection balance) (2012): schedule removal 2015

HSBC Bank Card - sold to Capital One-then sold to Portfolio: This is reported as charged off and collection with two different balances.  $294 and $574. On my report three to four times

Traffic Tickets: I have two in the amount of $250 each

Repos:

DOCFCU: Reporting the orginial two accounts ($11,932 and $5,552) I had numerous times.  One amount is an upside down amount. On the reports as charged off and also reporting as paid as agreed.  Not in collection status.  Last activity was 2008 and last update was 2013

First Investors: Balance $9300 (2011):  This was charged off and sold for $9600  Not in collection.

Student Loans:

Citibank (2006): Has a negative indicator. Pays account as agreed.  Account closed/paid, zero balance, refinanced.  

US Dept ED (2006): Has a negative indicator. Pays account as agreed.  Account closed/paid, zero balance, refinanced.  

Rest of student loans are in good standing

No Revolving accounts

Thanks to all for any advice in advance.  I figure its better to do something than nothing at all.  Wish me luck!!

Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: New Comer: Need Help! Long Road to Financial Freedom

@butterflydiamondj76 wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I have been so overwhelmed today after pulling my FICO and all 3 CRs.  My score is 577 for Exp and nothing showed up for TU or EQ.  I don't even know where to start.... My ulitmate goal is to be able to sleep at night and not worry about this when I retire in the far away future.  My husband is on disability,   I have one son in college and a daughter entering high school.  I would like to have some of this burden resolved.  Some day I would like to go back to college to finish my degree but I don't how getting more student loans will affect my credit.  Here is my breakdown:

CH7 Bankruptcy on record until 2015

Judgement: Finance Maryland also know as Mariner Financial on record until 2016.  This account has been paid in full.  Still being reported as charge off on EQ.  I have a dipute on file since 201. On record until 2016

Collections:  

Seminole State College $540 (2011)

Tamarron Apartments via collection agency $7680 (2011): This account was reported in 2007.  I have a dispute on file since 2011.  It's schedule for removal 2014.  I don't owe them and the SOL has run out.

ATT Wireless $892 (original) $1,381(collection balance) (2012): schedule removal 2015

HSBC Bank Card - sold to Capital One-then sold to Portfolio: This is reported as charged off and collection with two different balances.  $294 and $574. On my report three to four times

Traffic Tickets: I have two in the amount of $250 each

Repos:

DOCFCU: Reporting the orginial two accounts ($11,932 and $5,552) I had numerous times.  One amount is an upside down amount. On the reports as charged off and also reporting as paid as agreed.  Not in collection status.  Last activity was 2008 and last update was 2013

First Investors: Balance $9300 (2011):  This was charged off and sold for $9600  Not in collection.

Student Loans:

Citibank (2006): Has a negative indicator. Pays account as agreed.  Account closed/paid, zero balance, refinanced.  

US Dept ED (2006): Has a negative indicator. Pays account as agreed.  Account closed/paid, zero balance, refinanced.  

No Revolving accounts

Thanks to all for any advice in advance.  I figure its better to do something than nothing at all.  Wish me luck!!

Thanks!

Hi butterflydiamondj76 and welcome to the forums!!!! I would need to know when the DoFD (Date of First Deliquency) was on the accounts were. Date of last activity and date of last reported mean nothing. I want to give some solid advise before going forward Smiley Happy

Community Leader, 

DaBears

Message 2 of 3
butterflydiamondj76
Established Member

Re: New Comer: Need Help! Long Road to Financial Freedom

Sorry that it took me so long to respond.  I went back and looked at each report and I think that I have the right information for you….

I think I am still a little confused though….What is the difference between date reported, last activity and status date compared to DOFD?  Only one report had that term and it was EQ.

(Filed 2005/ Discharged 2006) CH7 Bankruptcy 

Judgment:

Finance Maryland (EQ 2006 as creditor/2009 Judgment) AKA Mariner Financial (As creditor FICO 2006; Judgment 2009/ TU 2010/ Exp 2009) This account has been paid in full.   I have a dispute on file since 2011. 

Collections:  

Seminole State College $540 (2011/ EQ 2010)

Tamarron Apartments via collection agency $7680 (All reports 2007): I have a dispute on file since 2011.  It's schedule for removal 2014.  I don't owe them and the SOL has run out.

ATT Wireless $892 (original) $1,381(collection balance) (TU-FICO-Ex 2012/ EQ 2008): schedule removal 2015

HSBC Bank Card - sold to Capital One (All reports 2011) -then sold to Portfolio (EQ 2011/TU-FICO-Ex 2013): This is reported as charged off and collection with two different balances.  $294 and $574. On my report three to four times

DC Traffic Tickets: I have two in the amount of $250 each/ TU only 2012/2013

Repos:

DOCFCU: Reporting the original two accounts ($11,932 and $5,552) I had numerous times.  One amount is an upside down amount. On the reports as charged off and also reporting as paid as agreed.  Not in collection status.  Last activity was 2008 and last update was 2013

Charged off

$11,932: Exp ($12,177)/ FICO 2006; EQ2008

$5,552: FICO/Exp 2007; EQ 2008

Paid as agreed

$11,932: FICO/Exp/EQ 2006

$5,552: FICO 2004

First Investors: Balance $9300 (2011):  This was charged off and sold for $9600. Not in collection.

FICO/Exp 2011

EQ/TU 2012

Student Loans:

FICO/TU/EQ 2004 no DOFD and $0 Balance

*Good Standing Exp 2004

FICO 2002 no DOFD and $0 Balance

*Good Standing Exp/EQ 2002

Revolving Account:  Citibank Citicards, 2003 Limit $10,000 Balance $0 ( I don’t even have this card anymore- but it seems to be reported in good standing on reports)

Line of Credit: DOCFCU, EQ 2004/ FICO 2005, DOFD: N/A Limit $600 Balance $0

Inquiries:  FICO- none/ TU- 1 2013/ EQ- 1 2012

Thanks again!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.