cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Fingerhut acct with old Fingerhut chargeoff still on report!

tag
mzgg09
Regular Contributor

New Fingerhut acct with old Fingerhut chargeoff still on report!

Hey everyone. I got a fingerhut fresh start acct a couple months ago. I paid it off and will be getting a revolving acct. On my credit report there is still an old fingerhut chargeoff. Well it's actually listed twice under 2 different banks. It was my hope that fingerhut just deletes the old chargeoffs in good faith. Do you guys think they will ever do so? Is it common that a positive acct and a negative one be on credit report from the same creditor at the same time?

Experian 750 Equifax 750 Transunion 753
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
BatHunters
Valued Member

Re: New Fingerhut acct with old Fingerhut chargeoff still on report!

@mzgg09 wrote:

Hey everyone. I got a fingerhut fresh start acct a couple months ago. I paid it off and will be getting a revolving acct. On my credit report there is still an old fingerhut chargeoff. Well it's actually listed twice under 2 different banks. It was my hope that fingerhut just deletes the old chargeoffs in good faith. Do you guys think they will ever do so? Is it common that a positive acct and a negative one be on credit report from the same creditor at the same time?

They won't just randomly delete the old records. You will have to either ask them nicely or dispute it on your credit report. It is very possible though. 

Starting Score: 585
Current Score: TU FICO 693 EQ FICO 663 04/04/2014
Goal Score: 720

Gardening since 04/09/2014
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.