New Contributor
mzgg09

New Fingerhut acct with old Fingerhut chargeoff still on report!

[ Edited ]

Hey everyone. I got a fingerhut fresh start acct a couple months ago. I paid it off and will be getting a revolving acct. On my credit report there is still an old fingerhut chargeoff. Well it's actually listed twice under 2 different banks. It was my hope that fingerhut just deletes the old chargeoffs in good faith. Do you guys think they will ever do so? Is it common that a positive acct and a negative one be on credit report from the same creditor at the same time?

Experian 667 Equifax 648 Transunion 665 Ficos
Valued Member
BatHunters

Re: New Fingerhut acct with old Fingerhut chargeoff still on report!

mzgg09 wrote:

Hey everyone. I got a fingerhut fresh start acct a couple months ago. I paid it off and will be getting a revolving acct. On my credit report there is still an old fingerhut chargeoff. Well it's actually listed twice under 2 different banks. It was my hope that fingerhut just deletes the old chargeoffs in good faith. Do you guys think they will ever do so? Is it common that a positive acct and a negative one be on credit report from the same creditor at the same time?

They won't just randomly delete the old records. You will have to either ask them nicely or dispute it on your credit report. It is very possible though. 

Starting Score: 585
Current Score: TU FICO 693 EQ FICO 663 04/04/2014
Goal Score: 720

Gardening since 04/09/2014

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+