Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Here! And 30 Day Late Removed from Capital One

tag
ayo
Established Member

New Here! And 30 Day Late Removed from Capital One

I know.....not a HUGE accomplishment.  But I don't see how this might not work with a 60 or 90 day. 

Little background about me.  Was careless with my credit all of my life.  Started rebuilding about a year ago with all your typical unsecured cards (creditone, orchard bank, my 2nd cap1 card).  Score is 100 points higher after 1 year.  

My main problem is that my utilization is currently through the roof (50% had to use it for bills) and I plan on getting it under 10% by July.  I have 3 baddies on there.   1) Cap 1 30 day late 2) A Tmobile Account in collections that's only listed on TU.  The social nor the bday match mine 3) Verizon wirelss charge off for $80.  I never signed a contract with them.  Never purchased a phone.  I got my own service with my own phone and promptly returned it.  The salesman never bothered to cancel my account.  

Mission #1  - Remove Capital One Late Payment - COMPLETED

I used the live support chat feature.  I told the rep about how much I love Capital One and how I've been a loyal customer for 7 years.   I informed her that the automatic pay feature would have been helpful back in November (Capital One did not have that feature enabled until recently) and that I've now turned it on.  The woman was nice enough to get rid of my 30 day late payment from November.

Mission #2 will be the TU removal of the TMobile account.  Should be an easy one since it's not my social or birthday.  I will be contacting TU by phone.  PENDING

Mission #3 Already started this one by filing an online dispute with Experian.  Next will be to contact Verizon corporate, email carpet bomb, DV letter, GW letter and the whole nine.  I know not many have had luck with Verizon but the facts are on my side.  PENDING

I'll keep everyone posted on how Mission #2 and #3 go.  

27 Months Ago: 590 EX, 605 EQ, 610 TU
Today: 740 EX, 701 EQ, 760 TU
Goal 780's FICO Across the Board
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Re: New Here! And 30 Day Late Removed from Capital One

Congrats, and seems like you're on the right path! If it's not your social how did it get on your report?

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 2 of 14
EW800
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!  I DO see this as a huge accomplishment!  Sometimes it takes some of us months or years to get a 30-day removed, or not even able to get it removed at all.  If the 30-day late that is coming off is within the last year or two, it can really help the scores too!  Great job!  

I have a 3-day late with Amex from two years ago that I would love to see go away, but no luck just yet.  

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 839; EQ8: 845; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 3 of 14
8in2years
Regular Contributor

Congrats on getting the 30 day late  removed with Capital one. I'm gonna try that with Navy Federal, hope it works.

Message 4 of 14
lavencedora
Frequent Contributor

Based on my experience with Capital One, getting a 30-day late removed does sound HUGE to me. Congrats.

Starting Score: TU 490 on 11/2012
Current Score:6/16/15:EQ 714, EX 704, TU 702 (all from myFICO)
New Goal Score: 740+ for all three
Message 5 of 14
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 6 of 14
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

You have done quite well, getting Cap-1 to actually remove a late is a feat in itself, grats and good luck to the rest of your rebuild. Welcome to the board Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 14
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 8 of 14
alextercero
Super Contributor

Congrats.....

Current Credit Cards

Currently rebuilding as of (May 2021)

Current Fico Scores 8/9: (April 2024)

Credit Age:

Inquiries:

Message 9 of 14
ayo
Established Member

The address matched so I'm assuming that's why TU is reporting it.   It doesn't show up on any other of the 2 CRAs.   Funny thing is it didn't show up on my report until 5 years after the deliquincy.  It's set to fall off next year but I'm going to fight it anyway.

I'll keep everyone posted on how it went tomorrow.

27 Months Ago: 590 EX, 605 EQ, 610 TU
Today: 740 EX, 701 EQ, 760 TU
Goal 780's FICO Across the Board
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.