cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Here... Help needed.

tag
ygarza30

New Here... Help needed.

I am currently attempting to rebuild my credit and have been doing so since February. I pulled my Equifax credit report last week and here is what is being reported:

Target

DOLA 6/2006 - Paid charge-off

I have 3 Medical collections  as well that I paid in full in February before I knew about the PFD option. Would I need to do a GW letter for these 3 accounts or a Hippaa letter?

I also have a collection from Sprint PCS which I paid for less than the full balance. Date assigned was 12/2006. - What can I do about this one?

Current EQ Score is 561

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Fresh101
Regular Contributor

Re: New Here... Help needed.

Hello and welcome.

I will suggest disputing first to all 3 CRA's to validate, some accounts will come off from just doing this. Then I will do GW letters to all. Hippa process is pretty long but also notice result in the first letter sent to CRA, in other words you can also send the first Pre-Hippa letter and see if it gets remove. Gd luck

Starting: 547 +Score EX, 541 MyFico EQ,562 MyFico TU (Dec 2nd)

Current: 736 FCR "EX" (Nov. 5th), 668 MyFico "EQ" (Nov. 5th), 748 MyFico "TU" (Nov. 5th)

CC: BB&T $2,500 CL 3/2013, BarclayCard $3,000 CL 4/2013, WellsFargo $300 CL 7/2012 & Cap1 $451 CL 5/2012

Goal Score: 800's Rank
Message 2 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I am puzzled at the recommendation to dispute with the CRAs to obtain "validation."

Message 3 of 7
CC40
Regular Contributor

Just go online (you have to have a copy of your credit report) and dispute paid collections first or oldest acconts.
Message 4 of 7
ygarza30

I am too... I know the debts are valid and I paid them earlier this year before knowing about the PFD option.. They are still appearing on my credit report.. Is a GW letter my only option of having them removed?

Message 5 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Both collections and charge-offs have a mandatory CR exclusion date based only on the DOFD on the OC account.

What is the DOFD on each?

CR exclusion, addressed by way of complaint to the CRA, might be the first and best route.

Message 6 of 7
ygarza30

These 2 are medical collection accounts.

Hollis Cobb Associates

OAO: $115

DOFD - 10/2009

Paid in Full in 02/2012

Hollis Cobb Associates

OAO: $55

DOFD - 11/2009

Paid in Full 02/2012

This one is pretty old.... I'm assuming it isnt affecting my FICO score as much  since its going on to 6 years?

Allied Interstate

OAO: $377

DOFD: 10/2006

Account paid for less than full balance

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.