Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Here..

tag
p-
Valued Contributor

Re: New Here..

@Anonymous wrote:

I did just that and I already feel better! haha. While I was browsing medical related stuff I kept seeing things about a HIPAA letter.. is that for disputing medical charges? I have a lot of them. What can I do to get them deleted from my credit report? Every link i clicked on for the dispute letter gave me an error and said it did not exist or something? Does anyone know the steps for the HIPAA dispute for medical claims?

You won't find them here.  Google exactly what I told you and you will find it.

Message 11 of 12
p-
Valued Contributor

Re: New Here..

stuntwife wrote:  What can I do to get them deleted from my credit report? 

As I mentioned, if you can convince the original creditior, i.e. the doctor or hospital to pull the account back out of collections and accept payment, you have a good chance of getting them removed.

This, as well as the other method are how you can go about legitimately paying what you owe.  They're not going away woithout payment.  You have three basic options:

1.  Negotiate with the Collection Agency for a PFD, get it in writing, and then pay them.

2.  Get the doc to pull it out of collections, and pay them.  If the collection is not removed, dispute it, as they no longer have authority to collect.

3.  Use the HIPAA letter explained elsewhere to pay the original doc.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.