Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Inquiry +4 on Experian????

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New Inquiry +4 on Experian????

Why it isn't allowing me to post the picture - but here's the snapshot https://postimg.org/image/wqo9hdi75/

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New Inquiry +4 on Experian????

Because the inquiry was concurrent with some other change, usually the aging of an item. Not EVERY change (that effects scores) result in an alert. One of myFICO's biggest flaws.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Because the inquiry was concurrent with some other change, usually the aging of an item. Not EVERY change (that effects scores) result in an alert. One of myFICO's biggest flaws.

oh Smiley Happy thank you for that, I just saw that alert and next to it was the +4. I dont see any thing aged Smiley Happy but thanks for clarification! I almost felt justified with my app spree for a second there lol

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

oh Smiley Happy thank you for that, I just saw that alert and next to it was the +4. I dont see any thing aged Smiley Happy but thanks for clarification! I almost felt justified with my app spree for a second there lol

Everything on your report ages each and every month.

Message 4 of 5
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Similar to what Norman said, a good example is someone with a high utilization % on their credit cards may app for a new card with a decent limit. Initially, the inquiry will cost them several points, but if the card reports also by the time they check their scores, they may see a score jump.

Reason being, the new additional credit dropped their utilization enough to cause a score jump, greater than the loss from the inquiry.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.