Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Mommy Stuck with Credit Troubles

tag
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

Re: New Mommy Stuck with Credit Troubles

You can also get yourself a small Installment loan with SELFLENDER if you dont fair well with a CU.  I've read that SelfLender reports to the CRA's and its a simple way to save up some money while building your credit.  There is some very solid advice given above.  Stick with this forum and spend whatever free time you have learning.  There are people on here that have made enormous turnarounds in their credit with determination and knowledge. You would be no exception.

So that 1k you would have paid someone can easily give you 2 secured cards and a $500 CU or Self lender loan.   Welcome and best of luck to you.

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k |
Message 11 of 18
scubaqueen
Valued Member

I'm in the credit repair situation too.  Gosh I love this site but for a newbie like me, I'm like what do task shall I do first.  Confusing.....can't wait to be like my fellow fourmiees. 

(probably not a word but I like trying to coin different words)

Equifax: 555

Transunion: 556

Experian:543-myfico  553-credit union this is the only CRA they use

Starting Score: 379
Current Score: 568
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 18
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

@scubaqueen wrote:

I'm in the credit repair situation too.  Gosh I love this site but for a newbie like me, I'm like what do task shall I do first.  Confusing.....can't wait to be like my fellow fourmiees. 

(probably not a word but I like trying to coin different words)

Equifax: 555

Transunion: 556

Experian:543-myfico  553-credit union this is the only CRA they use

Forumiees, I like it.  Welcome Scubaqueen.  

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k |
Message 13 of 18
scubaqueen
Valued Member

Thanks, I'm grateful for this site. I did get my credit union which I just join two days ago to give me a credit builder loan. I pay a monthly fee (89.00)  for money I will be rewarded at the final payment of my loan(522.00) only 6 months until my reward.  I plan on taking the money and reinvesting in another credit builder loan.

Starting Score: 379
Current Score: 568
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 18
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

Both of you read this post please.  Its inspiring and just one example of how some time and diligence can pay off.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Mission-Credit-Rebuild-Destination-Garden/td-...

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi I was able to get a secured credit card with e federal. But since I have a closed account and a few items in collections will my score increase or remain the same?

Impossible to say. They WILL hold you back, but how much is unknown. Credit reports are as unique as fingerprints and what affects one a little, affects another a lot.

Work on getting negative items removed, or at least paid, if you can't get them removed.

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will definitely work on paying items on my cr. But at least I have a start now. Im excited and proud to start taking the steps the give my son a stable foundation.
Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome to the party!!! Hopefully we'll be on our way to the 700 club & beyond!!
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.