chris1123

New Problem

I just checked my fico and noticed that it took a hit this month from an electric provider. Planing on paying this provider off by the end of the month however I want to get this completely removed from my CR. The original date of default was on 08/10 due to my divorce I'm going through now. What steps do I need to take? I have an idea of calling the electric provider and informing them that I plan to PIF however I do need this removed from my credit report immediately however I want to ensure that this matter is resolved and about how long should it take if they agree?

Regular Contributor
britishbooklady

Re: New Problem

Did they send you any sort of notice prior to posting to your credit report? 

Starting Score: EX: 661, EQ: 662, TU: 694 [Lender Pull 12/30/2010]
Current Score: EX: 665, EQ: 680, TU: 710
Goal Score: EX: 750+, EQ: 750+, TU: 750+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge for 2011
Valued Contributor
tray

[ Edited ]

It usually takes 30 to 60 days to update with the credit agencies, I have had in the past bad accounts removed off my credit report although I had one collection agency send in a request for removal and the next day it was removed off my EX report when I checked.  All I can say is EX is the quickest for updating accounts and reporting

I would see if you can do a pfd and explain your current situation tell them you really need this help.  Good Luck

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
chris1123

I never got any letter and I checked their website and my account is still open on their website too. I am going to call them and find out what's going on? I want this removed asap.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}