Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Rebuild Journal Xwill04

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New Rebuild Journal Xwill04

Thanks sphinx313
Good luck with 1st premier from everything I read seems like they are close to impossible to get rid of..

I'm thinking about opening $500 secured credit card with my CU... Do you guys recommend I open it or increase my limits with the other 2 cards?? Seems like 3 cc would be a good mix to rebuild a good amount of solid history..
Message 11 of 45
sphinx313
Established Contributor

If you don't currently have three revolving accounts, I would go with opening the new one. That way, the inquiry and the hit to AAoA will not be affecting you as much and will grow while you fight off the baddies.

Starting Score: EQ: 383 2/2011
Current Score: TU: 644 EQ: 648 EX: 6?? 2/2015
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's what I was thinking that way all my accounts can be around same age and also build a better history with my CU other than the secured loan and checking account.

Thanks for the advice!
Message 13 of 45
madmann26
Valued Contributor

It also gets you maximum point growth with the utilization under 9%.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 14 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

My equifax just jumped to 551 without any noticeable changes.... Could this be because I started a dispute with equifax on some of the items?
Message 15 of 45
sphinx313
Established Contributor

I saw a decline in my score when my disputes came back because they updated the late reporting. This could be from some aging or a utilization change or something like that.

Starting Score: EQ: 383 2/2011
Current Score: TU: 644 EQ: 648 EX: 6?? 2/2015
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 16 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Weird.. Also got hit with an inquiry from Cap 1 today.. Is tht normal for creditors to do a credit pull when u dispute?
Message 17 of 45
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 18 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks credit314!
Message 19 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

just refreshed my report... All 3 EOS CCA have fallen off my experian report... but only 12point increase??? **bleep** Smiley Sad

That was 3 latest collection accounts....

ugh gues when you have so many collections 3 doesnt make much of a difference..

looks like midland and the auto repo/collection need to go next to see significant increase

Message 20 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.