Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Rebuilder

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New Rebuilder

Hi all,

I started by reading numerous posts like most newcomers here. I started wth scores as of 4/22 EX 557 TU 544 EX 544. I have not started working on my report yet because I figured I would go ahead app for the 3 to 4 cards people seem to recommend. So I was able to get a Cap QS1 and Cap platinum $300, open sky secured $500 and Fingerhut $500. I haven't used fingerhut and they reported before the week was out so I probably will not use the card unless it is recommended to do so.

With just opening those cards and using only the QS1 and cap platinum my scores rose to (as of) 5/08 EX 655 TU 610 EX 612. I know it isn't just a numbers game but I was surprised at the increase. This is with 8 derogatory comments/items and 6 active collections. Two are old, two are current that I will take care of and two are child support that I have been paying for years but for whatever reason is showing on my report.

Just wanetd to say thanks for the answers I read to everyone else's questions and any advice I receive in the future. This site and everyone here is awesome. All positive! Even when you tell somone they are doing something wrong it still sounds positive!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New Rebuilder

Welcome and congrats on the new cards and point increases.  Keep us posted on your progress.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi all,

I started by reading numerous posts like most newcomers here. I started wth scores as of 4/22 EX 557 TU 544 EX 544. I have not started working on my report yet because I figured I would go ahead app for the 3 to 4 cards people seem to recommend. So I was able to get a Cap QS1 and Cap platinum $300, open sky secured $500 and Fingerhut $500. I haven't used fingerhut and they reported before the week was out so I probably will not use the card unless it is recommended to do so.

With just opening those cards and using only the QS1 and cap platinum my scores rose to (as of) 5/08 EX 655 TU 610 EX 612. I know it isn't just a numbers game but I was surprised at the increase. This is with 8 derogatory comments/items and 6 active collections. Two are old, two are current that I will take care of and two are child support that I have been paying for years but for whatever reason is showing on my report.

Just wanetd to say thanks for the answers I read to everyone else's questions and any advice I receive in the future. This site and everyone here is awesome. All positive! Even when you tell somone they are doing something wrong it still sounds positive!

Welcom to the board, and congrats on your approvals and score bumps.  To be honest you're not in terrible shape.  Take care of those collections.  Don't worry about the child support.  As long as it is classified as child support FICO does not include it in the score calculation.  Just make sure the payment history is accurate in the event you need a manual review of your reports.    How old are the two oldest collections?  If they are past the SOL you may be able to get a pay for delete on them.

Message 3 of 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats to your success so far and good luck moving forward Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.