cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Start to a better score!

tag
rach2320

New Start to a better score!

I am new here. I have been reading these forums for days now and just now decided to write. I have so many questions that i do not know where to start or how to solve them.

I dont have good credit right now due to stupidity!!

I have pulled my credit report from all three bureaus and cryied because of emberessment. (still waiting on them, i requested hard copy by mail.)

I did pull a report by equifax that claims to tell me my credit score for all three bureaus.

Background: I was in a car accident in may 2009. I ended up seeing many doctors and had surgery. I hired an atty to help because of all the medical i was faced 

with. We settled out of court. Atty tried to pay the medical bills and 3 companies would not answer back. One company filed a judgment against me. I answered and took full responsibility for the debt. I paid the debt in full. The agency then filed me again in court saying I did not pay the interest. I filed the answer stating I did and had proof. The consent never had any dollar amount in the interest section of the consent that we all signed. In the end the judge gave me a dismissal of default on consent.

First question: Can I have that removed? If so , how?

Is it worth it to dispute the other medical bills? (they were reported in 2010)

Also is there any advice on what not to do while building my credit? ( I would love to see my credit scores get above 750)

I am in the process of cleaning up my credit. About a year ago I obtained a Cap One secured card for $250. I have always paid it on time. I am also paying down the balance as we speak. I have currently gotten an Old Navy card $400 (11/13) ,  American Eagle card $300 (11/13). Amazon store $800 (12/13). and Care Credit $500. (10/13).

The only cards with a balance are Cap One($185.) and Old Navy ($49.) 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: New Start to a better score!

What removed? The judgment? If both parties agree that the balance is paid, then it's possible to have it removed. Some had success in contacting the plaintiff's attorney, and asking them to file a motion to dismiss with the court.

If the medical bills are accurate, then send a GW letter asking for a deletion if paid.

Only apply for credit you need. Always pay on time. Keep in the practice of paying off your accounts monthly, but keep one CC reporting a balance when you apply for anything. Don't go into debt for the sake of credit. Based on what you posted, stop applying. Adding more CCs won't help your mix. New credit will hurt you.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.