Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New TL Question

tag
rcolombe
Contributor

New TL Question

I have added a couple of new credit cards. I recently had zero revolving accouns and zero installments. They have posted to my report, and there was a jump in my score.

My question is, how much does it effect my score positively each month. I know it depends on a lot of variables, but from going from nothing to 2, how would it look?

Starting Score: EQ-563 TU-515 EX-578 VANTAGE-609 September 2013
Current Score: EQ-639 TU-627 EX-625 VANTAGE 662
Goal Score: 700 All Around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Pigeyex
Frequent Contributor

Re: New TL Question

@rcolombe wrote:

I have added a couple of new credit cards. I recently had zero revolving accouns and zero installments. They have posted to my report, and there was a jump in my score.

My question is, how much does it effect my score positively each month. I know it depends on a lot of variables, but from going from nothing to 2, how would it look?

I'm confused; I thought you just said how it looked, as it's showing up already??

2007 - 2010 low point: mid-500s

With the help of myFICO community, now: 714 EQ FICO

"At the end of every hard-earned day, people find some reason to believe." (Bruce Springsteen)
Message 2 of 5
rcolombe
Contributor

@Pigeyex wrote:

@rcolombe wrote:

I'm confused; I thought you just said how it looked, as it's showing up already??

They are showing up on my report already. My question is, after showing a month of utilization and a month of paynebts, how much does a score generally change?

CC Util% will be kept at 20%

Starting Score: EQ-563 TU-515 EX-578 VANTAGE-609 September 2013
Current Score: EQ-639 TU-627 EX-625 VANTAGE 662
Goal Score: 700 All Around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

If you have already received points for their reporting you don't get more monthly.

You are not rewarded for ontime payments as those are expected.  As the account ages your score will improve.

Message 4 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

As far as CC utilization, if it is your only CC, let it report at 9% or below each month.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.