cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New TL on EQ CR = how long till SW alert?

tag
ABuckNow
Contributor

New TL on EQ CR = how long till SW alert?

Sometime overnight I had a new TL appear on my EQ CR, how long untill I'll see a Credit Alert trigger and a new FICO score calculated?

(I'm a SW subscriber)

Reading one of the guides, it says scores are only recomputed every 7-10days, unless a Credit Alert is triggered (which takes 2-3 days)  - and a new account/new TL should trigger such an alert.  So 2-3 days? Does that count weekend-days or just weekdays?

I'm so impatient, I know that I'm unique in that way around here...

I've got a new TL, a 5k CC with about two years solid history.  Am anticipating a small ding on AAoA - oldest account is about 11yrs, AAoA is 9yrs with 13 accounts.  But I have very little positive recent history.  

My hope is a net positive score change after losing a year or so of AAoA.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: New TL on EQ CR = how long till SW alert?

@ABuckNow wrote:

Sometime overnight I had a new TL appear on my EQ CR, how long untill I'll see a Credit Alert trigger and a new FICO score calculated?

(I'm a SW subscriber)

Reading one of the guides, it says scores are only recomputed every 7-10days, unless a Credit Alert is triggered (which takes 2-3 days)  - and a new account/new TL should trigger such an alert.  So 2-3 days? Does that count weekend-days or just weekdays?

I'm so impatient, I know that I'm unique in that way around here...

I've got a new TL, a 5k CC with about two years solid history.  Am anticipating a small ding on AAoA - oldest account is about 11yrs, AAoA is 9yrs with 13 accounts.  But I have very little positive recent history.  

My hope is a net positive score change after losing a year or so of AAoA.

If for sure it appeared last night I bet you'll see an alert today or tomorrow for the new TL. If your EQ FICO changed, then you'll get an alert of your new score at that time. 

However.........while a former Admin said you should get alerted for backdated accounts, I've seen many posts by posters saying they won't get any alert for the new TL, because it's not new. I think it runs off the open date. If you don't get a credit alert for the new TL, then the fall back is a score alert. As you mentioned, your EQ FICO is monitored for changes every 7-10 days and is based off the target score . So, if your EQ FICO hits or exceeds that target score then you'll get alerted. If that's the scenario and if your target score isn't set too high or low, then you'll get alerted inside a week or so.

Message 2 of 5
ABuckNow
Contributor

Thanks for the reply - useful info, I appreciate it!

It was reported to them on April 30 (based on their date below), I wasn't able to see it until this morning, May 3rd...I think I'm being too OCD about all of this...least that's what the wife says...

Edit: copy/paste direct from EQ's website:

Open Accounts

Name: 
XYZ BANKCARD
Acct #: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Credit Limit: $ 5,000
Date Reported: 04/30/2013
Date Opened: 06/17/2011
Balance: $0
Past Due: $0
Acct Status: PAYS AS AGREED

Dispute ItemHide Details

XYZ

PO Box 1234
Somewhere, XX  12345-1234

Account Number:XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXCurrent Status:PAYS AS AGREED  
Account Owner:Joint Account  High Credit:$5,025
Type of Account Revolving loans have an amount owed which varies from month to month, like a credit card. Installment loans have a fixed number of payments and the same payment due each month, such as a mortgage, car loan or student loan. Option loans require that the entire balance be paid each month. :RevolvingCredit Limit:$5,000
Terms Duration: Terms Frequency:Monthly (due every month)  
Date Opened:06/17/2011  Balance:$0
Date Reported:04/30/2013  Amount Past Due:$0
Date of Last Payment:04/2013  Actual Payment Amount:$19
Scheduled Payment Amount:$0Date of Last Activity:04/2013  
Date Major Delinquency First Reported: Months Reviewed:22
Creditor Classification: Activity Description:N/A
Charge Off Amount:$0Deferred Payment Start Date: 
Balloon Payment Amount:$0Balloon Payment Date: 
Date Closed: Type of Loan:yes  
Date of First Delinquency:N/A
Comments: 
81-Month Payment History
YearJanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec
2013***         
2012************
2011     *******

I'll report back when I get the SW alert, in case anyone else comes along with a similar question.

Message 3 of 5
ABuckNow
Contributor

In case anyone is following this, or has similar situation in the future, this did not generate a Credit Alert.

I think the supposition put forth by llecs is correct - the "Date Opened" of 6/17/2011 is why no Credit Alert was generated for the Score Watch product here.

As for the score impact, this unfortunately coincided with the reported paying off of a $32 5yr old CC C/O. The Net of these two changes came out to losing 11 points on EQ Fico, down to 660 Smiley Mad

However, my TU doesn't show the same CC C/O update, but does show this "new" account being reported (the CC with it's nearly two year positive history), and I got a 35 point Fico bump!

So word to the wise - leave your old charge-offs and collections ALONE, do not touch them!  It's cost me roughly 45 points for my EQ Fico by paying off $32 on this stupid 5yr old CC C/O.

This so clearly demonstrates the absurdity of FICO scoring - by paying off a trivial $32 half-decade old CO, Mr. Isaac and Co deemed me much more significant credit risk!

Just wish I knew how they will handle my EX report...will be biting nails next talk with the LO

ps maybe this should go in the Rebuilding forums now - this precise scoring information could be useful to others.

Message 4 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

The drop due to the CC CO could have been caused by a couple of factors. The first was that if it had not updated in a long time, the update due to the payment could have made the account appear new with the updated reported date and/or DOLA. It's also commonplace for the creditor to add a late when you pay it. That update can drop your FICO. Also if it were a CC CO with a $32 balance, then it's very possible that the balance and the CL helped your util. Once the balance goes to $0, then it is forever removed from util and that can cause your overall util to spike up and your FICO score go down (assuming you are carrying any balances elsewhere on your CCs). 

Moved to RYC.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.