Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New York State Regulations

tag
klrmac
Regular Contributor

New York State Regulations

As I started righting some letters to a couple debt collectors, I came across these New York State regulations if you are a citizen of the state and/or the creditor/collector is located in New York State or collecting in New York State.

http://www.dfs.ny.gov/legal/regulations/adoptions/dfsf23t.pdf

I'm not very good at writing all the proper letters so if someone here is, and would be willing to assist me please let me know! I'd love to work with someone on getting some generic letters written up in regards to these regulations to send to collectors as I live in New York State.

PM me if you are interested in helping out.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: New York State Regulations

What is it that is covered under the regs that you are trying to do?

Are you attempting to send a request for "substantiation of the debt," which is the NYS version of a debt validation ("DV") request, or some other matter?

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: New York State Regulations

If you are requesting debt validation, then a simple statement citing the reg and that you are requsting "substantiation of the debt" is all that is necessary.

"This is a request for substantiation of the asserted debt under the provisions of the New York Department of Financial Services debt collection practices regulations, set forth at 23 NYCRR § 1.4."

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.