Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New cable bill on report

tag
earena
Contributor

New cable bill on report

I moved and lost track of this bill. It's only $200 so I am going to pay it. Here is my questions. Instead of Charter reporting they sold it to a creditor and they reported on my credit report last month. I called the creditor to try to make a deal, I pay if you remove it, but they told me that Charter sold it to another company and that I would have to call them. Well I got the new bill from the new creditor last week and am going to pay it before they can report to the bureaus. BUT how do I get that one month from that one creditor removed?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New cable bill on report

@earena wrote:

I moved and lost track of this bill. It's only $200 so I am going to pay it. Here is my questions. Instead of Charter reporting they sold it to a creditor and they reported on my credit report last month. I called the creditor to try to make a deal, I pay if you remove it, but they told me that Charter sold it to another company and that I would have to call them. Well I got the new bill from the new creditor last week and am going to pay it before they can report to the bureaus. BUT how do I get that one month from that one creditor removed?

A new Creditor or a new Collection Agency?

Creditor means any person who offers or extends credit creating a debt or to whom a debt is owed, but such term does not include any person to the extent that he receives an assignment or transfer of a debt in default solely for the purpose of facilitating collection of such debt for another.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@earena wrote:

Pay the new collector to keep them from reporting, then you can dispute the previous collectors entry as "Collector does not have collection authority on this account". CRA policy is that a collector should remove their report when they no longer have collection authority on an unpaid debt.

Message 3 of 5
earena
Contributor

Sorry! I meant collections. I am paying that new one this week when I get paid, then I will dispute on those terms. Thank you!

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@earena wrote:

Sorry! I meant collections. I am paying that new one this week when I get paid, then I will dispute on those terms. Thank you!

Not a problem, just for my own info.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.