Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New card still not reporting

tag
goosedog
Regular Contributor

Re: New card still not reporting

@Shellie wrote:

I got a Maruices card via HP in--store and it reported like the following day, maybe 2 days at the most.  I'm sure it just varies.  There have been 3 Fridays since I was approved so maybe this Friday it will report.  Be it charge card or credit card it will still factor in to my utilization?

Yes it wil factor into your UTIL

and no a charge card does not have to be paid off each month. Where did you get that info from??

Message 11 of 30
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

American Express Charge cards need to be paid in full every month

Shell FCU : 5K
Message 12 of 30
Shellie
Valued Contributor

I didn't hear that anywhere, I didn't post anything about paying it off every month.  Although I don't know what the point of having the card would be if it was required to be paid off every month?

Message 13 of 30
JonStur
Established Contributor

There is no time frame for cards to report. There is no law stating a credit card must report, only that IF they do, the info must be accurate. Be patient, ( I know it's hard ) but they will report shortly...

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 14 of 30
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

If you do a little research you will be able to find terms and conditions of AMEX Charge cards. They are definitely different than credit cards. And the reason why they dont have any pre set credit limit is that you have to pay in full every month. AMEX Green/Platinum are the ones I am talking about.

Shell FCU : 5K
Message 15 of 30
hopingsoon
Regular Contributor

Strange. My Victoria Secret card was reporting before I even got the card in the mail.

Starting Score: FAKOs EQ 537 TU 497 EX 517
Current Score 7/11/13: FICOs EQ 650 TU 659 EX 655
Goal Score: 675 Who am I kidding? Goal Score: 750+ Smiley Happy

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 16 of 30
marie1981
Valued Member

@hopingsoon wrote:

Strange. My Victoria Secret card was reporting before I even got the card in the mail.

I applied and received my card the same time as OP. It is still not reporting for me as well. I havent received a scorewatch update and when I checked Credit Karma it does not show up (as of 7/19). I know they soft pulled Experian because I saw it when I pulled my free annual credit report, so maybe they are only reporting to them?

Message 17 of 30
hopingsoon
Regular Contributor

I'm sure there's nothing wrong. I've had cards take awhile to report.  Give them a call to see whats up.

Message 18 of 30
hopingsoon
Regular Contributor

It took a little longer to show on creditkarma for me. I have EQ monitoring on their site and I pull daily. It showed up pretty fast there but took a few extra days if not a week to show on credit karma.

Message 19 of 30
goosedog
Regular Contributor

AMEX charge cards and regular store cards without the AMEX logo are in 2 different ballparks.

Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.