Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New collection not reported yet

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New collection not reported yet

So I just received a collection letter from Allied Interstate for a closed Public Storage account (which btw was closed this month so they sent it to collections VERY quickly) for $62. They offered a settlement of $42 which at this point I'll pay if it means they won't report it. Will calling them to accept the offer automatically mean they won't report it? Or should I send a letter stating I'll accept their offer if they don't report?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
nmjacobs
Contributor

Re: New collection not reported yet

Do all communication in writing only.
Message 2 of 7
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

You can call and try to come to an agreement to not report if you pay now.
Message 3 of 7
nmjacobs
Contributor

In my experience small debts with small companies do not report. That said, I'd still take care of this.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
So I just received a collection letter from Allied Interstate for a closed Public Storage account (which btw was closed this month so they sent it to collections VERY quickly) for $62. They offered a settlement of $42 which at this point I'll pay if it means they won't report it. Will calling them to accept the offer automatically mean they won't report it? Or should I send a letter stating I'll accept their offer if they don't report?

Give them a call and ask them if you pay it will they promise not to report. If it's your debt just call and get it taken care of. 

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh I'll most definitely be taking care of this asap because it'll do way more harm than the $42 I'm paying and I know it's mine (just didn't expect it to be in collections so soon), I just didn't know the best/easiest way to go about it. I've gotten mostly everything else removed from my reports but this is the first time I've had a collection not reporting yet that I can settle on since starting my repair/rebuild.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Oh I'll most definitely be taking care of this asap because it'll do way more harm than the $42 I'm paying and I know it's mine (just didn't expect it to be in collections so soon), I just didn't know the best/easiest way to go about it. I've gotten mostly everything else removed from my reports but this is the first time I've had a collection not reporting yet that I can settle on since starting my repair/rebuild.

Don't wait long, call them and pay over the phone if you can. Before they change their mind. You don't need anything in writing. If they promise not to report that's all you need.

If by some lightening strike chance they report after promising not to come on back here and we'll deal with it then. But I doubt they will if they promise not too.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.