Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New collections listed on CreditKarma

tag
Shellie
Valued Contributor

New collections listed on CreditKarma

Credit Karma refreshed today and says I have a new collection with convergent for $296.  This is the same amount as another collection I already have from 2011.  I can't figure out how to get additional info from credit karma to see if it's the same.  If it is why is it just now showing up?  I know this is FAKO. It's already on my other reports.  If it's not the same one, it hasn't showed up on myFICO or TU yet.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
ianl33t
Contributor

Re: New collections listed on CreditKarma

Hello and good morning to you!

I had a similar experience recently when looking at my report with CreditKarma (I keep it just as added point of reference for myself) and it showed I had a HP from Northland Group (CA) for my TransUnion report. Yet here on myFICO it does not show whatsoever for TransUnion, BUT it does show for my TransUnion report I had pulled (the free one you get annually) as of June 2013 and it showed it there. I know you mentioned, "it hasn't showed up on myFICO or TU yet." but for the TU part you mentioned, are you referring to a pull from TU directly? I apologize if I am not much help, just noticed you had a similar situation but a different account type. I hope it helps a little at least!

(I ended up sending a letter to Northland Group to remove the inquiry since the only debt I had with them was LONG ago and already paid 2-3 years ago, so should be no reason for a HP in 2012)

Starting Score: EX: 646, EQ: 624, TU: 639 (07/26/2013)
Current Score: EX: 694 (As of 12/17/2013), EQ: 644 (As of 12/21/2013), TU: 662 (As of 12/12/2013 - Barclays)
Goal Score: 700 in all three (07/26/2014)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 7
DaBears
Senior Contributor

I would pull your actual report. I never rely on 3rd party reporting.

Message 3 of 7
ianl33t
Contributor

I concur with, DaBears. It may be an erroneous listing, but you can only be sure with a CR pull from TransUnion in this case.

By the way, loved that skit on SNL back in the day!

Starting Score: EX: 646, EQ: 624, TU: 639 (07/26/2013)
Current Score: EX: 694 (As of 12/17/2013), EQ: 644 (As of 12/21/2013), TU: 662 (As of 12/12/2013 - Barclays)
Goal Score: 700 in all three (07/26/2014)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 7
cocomadd
Regular Contributor

I had the same thing happen to me and I called TU and they indeed said that what was posted on credit karma was correct.  But TU only had a record of 1 not 2 like Credit Karma did.  I disputed it and it got removed.  I would call TU before you pay for the report and confirm.  If it is confirmed then do a validation letter to collector( get infor/address and stuff from TU) and dispute with TU too.

Exp/647-Fako
EQ/629-Fico
Trans/656-Fako
NEW SCORES
EX/665
EQ/642
Trans/656 Fako

This is new to me but I will take the 750+ challenge! Goal by May 2014
Message 5 of 7
Shellie
Valued Contributor

I don't put much stock in CK I just use it for what it is.  I am not eligible until 8/26 to pull from annualcreditreport.com and I am going to try to hold out until at least the first part of September that way if anythign was going to fall off at the end of Aug it will show that when I pull. 

Message 6 of 7
denver133
Frequent Contributor

My auto loan showed up twice on CK one time.  Obviously I knew I didn't have two.  It took a couple weeks to even out and it then reported 1 new auto loan.  (even though its over 2 years old) 

My Cards: CSP: $5,000 // Hyatt: $5,000 // Cap1 Venture: $5,000 // US Bank Plat: $3,500 // Discover: $1,000 // AMEX BCE: $1,000 // Lowes: $5,500 // Furniture Row: $3,500 // Buckle Store Card: $750

Current MyFico Scores: EX 687 EQ 696 TU 687 Gardening from 5/15 till 5/16

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.