Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New guy here

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New guy here

Ok here we go. New guy here with 3 Collection agencies reports on my credit reports. Some are old and have been turned over or purchase by these collections agencies, Calvary Porfolio svcs, lvnv Funding llc, and Pinnacle credit services.!! i've done some research on getting this taken care of and the information is all over the place. Settle for 20% of original amount or whatever, and make sure you get a written guarantee that they will remove from credit report by such and such a date. I guess that is the big problem getting something in writing to agree to remove from credit report.  

SO MY QUESTIONS IS , DOES ANYONE HAVE A PROVIN GAME PLAN TO DEAL WITH THESE COLLECTION COMPANIES??? Thanks in advance for your help in this matter.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Pway
Valued Contributor

Re: New guy here

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok here we go. New guy here with 3 Collection agencies reports on my credit reports. Some are old and have been turned over or purchase by these collections agencies, Calvary Porfolio svcs, lvnv Funding llc, and Pinnacle credit services.!! i've done some research on getting this taken care of and the information is all over the place. Settle for 20% of original amount or whatever, and make sure you get a written guarantee that they will remove from credit report by such and such a date. I guess that is the big problem getting something in writing to agree to remove from credit report.  

SO MY QUESTIONS IS , DOES ANYONE HAVE A PROVIN GAME PLAN TO DEAL WITH THESE COLLECTION COMPANIES??? Thanks in advance for your help in this matter.  I believe you have it down packed.  You are moving in the right direction with the PFD.

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

First try a DV . PFD is last resort type of thing .
Message 3 of 5
elim
Senior Contributor

there is no proven method. just do what ever it takes to enroll them in accepting payment for deletion in writing. you might want to use the search feature here to find anything you can on those agencies and maybe stumble upon an old thread with some success.

good luck  :]   many here have it!

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I honestly do not know why so many people insist that you *must* get it in writing. The truth is that verbal agreements via telephone are and always have been, fully enforceable verbal contracts. You have the right, in EVERY STATE, to record the conversation regardless of any 'two party consent' laws, because THEY are recording it.

Many collectors will balk at 'putting it in writing' because that goes against the CRA policies, and having such paper trails puts their business relationships with the CRAs at risk.

Get a PFD agreement, any way you can, verbal or not. Its all good and enforceable. Just remember to record your calls.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.