Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New guy in Town....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New guy in Town....

HI,

Im new to myfico and I wanted to solicit any advice I could. Please feel free to help me out. Any advice or tips that you have would be greatly appreciated. Here are my starting stats.

Trans- 600; 3 ccounts in collection and 3 public records

Eq- 606 3 accounts in collection and 3 public records

Ex- 581 3 accounts in collection and 3 public records..... More late payments  than others

I did recently get approved for auto refinance and got a 2000 CLOC with Navy Fed. How do yu think these will effect my scores?

Where do I start? Im totally new to this rebuild process so I am Lost. I dont understand why they differ?

Anyone else also confused on the extra scores that creditors get to qualify you for Credit cards, auto loans, and mortgages????? Smiley Sad

HELP!!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

Re: New guy in Town....

There are a million and one scoring models, FICO versions, internal versions, and so on. They will all vary.
Don’t take your credit for granted, use it with care! These days, catch me in the bankruptcy forum!?
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

THANK FOR YOUR REPLY!! I recently was approved for auto refinance.... how do you think this will affect my score? could I hear your story? how did u gain control of your credit?

Message 3 of 8
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

An auto refinance will do little if anything for your score, it may actually drop it a little initially and rebound over a short period of time. I gained control of my credit by following these boards, and asking a lot of questions on my certain scenarios. Everything you need to know is contained within this board!
Don’t take your credit for granted, use it with care! These days, catch me in the bankruptcy forum!?
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

HI,

Im new to myfico and I wanted to solicit any advice I could. Please feel free to help me out. Any advice or tips that you have would be greatly appreciated. Here are my starting stats.

Ex- 581 3 accounts in collection and 3 public records..... More late payments  than others

I did recently get approved for auto refinance and got a 2000 CLOC with Navy Fed. How do yu think these will effect my scores?

Where do I start? Im totally new to this rebuild process so I am Lost. I dont understand why they differ?

Anyone else also confused on the extra scores that creditors get to qualify you for Credit cards, auto loans, and mortgages????? Smiley Sad

HELP!!

First off, WELCOME TO THE BOARDS!!! If you really care about turning things around you will become addicted to this forum. I've been up since 2am and on here reading and posting, lol. But really, you can get a very high level of credit education here so take advantage of it.

Are the scores above (in red) TRUE FICO8 scores or are they what is called FAKO's from CreditKarma or CreditSesame, etc??? If those are true #'s then you are in better shape now than I am and I've been hitting mine hard to make changes. I just found this forum a few weeks ago and made some mistakes even in the rebuild portion like carring way too large a balance on my accts and my #'s tanked because of it. This next cycle that will change because everything is paid down to $0 and ther will only be a few $$ reporting as used and a bunch of trade lines showing a lot of available credit. Get accustomed the initials and aconyms used here too.

You could use some positive reporting accts and some sort of mix of different types of credit, ie: Installment (you have that with you auto loan), CC and store credit lines, etc. Go slow and easy and don't take on too much at one time. You will end up with an HP for most of your new accts (some can be obtained with SP's and you can find out how to do that here to) and they will hit immediately dragging you #'s down for a bit. Don't get excited at that. You are in the rebuild stage and with your scores it won't mean that much anyway just don't go crazy and research any app process before you apply so you can maximize your approvals to go along with the HP's. You DON"T want a bunch of HP's with DENIALS!!!

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

HI,

HELP!!

I would suggest not doing anything right now, just read all the messages here for the next few weeks and you will begin to get a handle on this whole thing.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

What interest rate did you get for the refi? I'm thinking of going through the them.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I went thru carfinance.com and got a12.90% from a 21.10% CAP one loan. Saving over $100 a month.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.