Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New guy needs help.

tag
Rlandon87
Regular Contributor

New guy needs help.

Hey guys this is my first post however I've been lurking on the forums for a couple of months.

I need some advice PLEASE if anyone can help.

For starters I have a 507-522 score depending on agency. I have 25 accounts 14 in good standing and 11 negative.

I currently have no open revolving accounts on my credit report but recently ordered a secured CC with a 300$ limit. I plan on keeping this around 40-60$. But would it be smarter to charge on it then Immediately pay the balance to 0$ the same day.

My oldest active account is 7.1 years with a 3.8 Yr average.

I have typed up and will be sending 7 GW letters in the morning to request late payments be removed, old cc accounts closed with good payment history to be re opened, and to have collection accounts paid in full removed.

I have applied for a student loan consolidation due to their being so many different loans to keep up with and also a nice fixed interest rate bonus.

There are 11 inquiries on my report- most of which arw tenant and auto.

Basically I would like to know what I can do to boost my score and what is a feasible score to reach in 3 months.

I have to accounts that were charged off- I paid the collection agency in full with a one time payment. Can all 4 entries be deleted? Collection accounts and origin accounts.

I am sending chase auto a GW letter for about 4-5 different 30/60 days late entries. Is there a quicker more efficient method than the mail? And I have been current for 16 months- what's the chance of a removal?

Is there anything i can do about the 11 inquiries?

Will GECRB re-open my JCP/AE/PAYPAL/OLDNAVY cards? None of them were ever late with the exception of maybe a 30 day once or twice on one of them. How can I go about getting them re-opened?

Alot of info here- any help is greatly appreciated.
 photo ficos3.jpg
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: New guy needs help.

I wouldn't try to open the GECRB cards just yet, I'd go ahead and get another secured card.  That way you'd have a couple of revolving accounts that can age.  Basically the inquiries will have to age off.  They stay on your report for 2 years but only affect your FICO scoring for 1 year.  On a side note, some of the FAKO scores factor them in for the full 2 years.

With the others, just send the GWs out.  See what the first round does and form a gameplan from there.  Good luck!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 5
Rlandon87
Regular Contributor

Thank you! Duly noted.

Does anyone have the email info for a GW 5
to chase?

How much could I realistically expect as an increase in my score in 3 months?
 photo ficos3.jpg
Message 3 of 5
Rlandon87
Regular Contributor

Can anyone help me with good contact info for GW to:

MOHELA
GCRB
FEDLOAN SERVICING
CENTERPOINT ENTERGY

email, physical address, phone anything that has had a good response.

Thank you!
 photo ficos3.jpg
Message 4 of 5
Rlandon87
Regular Contributor

GW to Centerpoint CFO worked!!

Tradeline with a 30/60/90/120 and labeled as charge off will be totally deleted!!!

I love these forums!!!!

Just waiting for a response from the others.
Still need good contacts to the above mentioned accts.
 photo ficos3.jpg
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.