Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New here. Looking for guidance

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New here. Looking for guidance

@Anonymous wrote:

My income is insufficient.  This makes sense, I don't have verifiable income. 

Thank you you for asking about this, the email went to my spam forlder so I hadn't seen it. 

Just put a reasonable number in, they don't verify it anyway.

Message 11 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

My income is insufficient.  This makes sense, I don't have verifiable income. 

Thank you you for asking about this, the email went to my spam forlder so I hadn't seen it. 

Just put a reasonable number in, they don't verify it anyway.

I am interviewing for a second job which will provide additional income so I think I'll wait until I see how that goes. Thank you. 

Message 12 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have another question and figured it's best to come back here so all my info is together. As I said before, I used my VS card for $20.xx ($350 limit) and was waiting for the statement to cut so that it would reflect a small balance. My other store cards haven't been used at all. Now I want to take advantage of another sale. Would it be ok if I pay off the previous purchase and use the card again for $26? I want the free shipping so I need to use my card even though I have the money to pay for it. 

Thank you 

Message 13 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have another question and figured it's best to come back here so all my info is together. As I said before, I used my VS card for $20.xx ($350 limit) and was waiting for the statement to cut so that it would reflect a small balance. My other store cards haven't been used at all. Now I want to take advantage of another sale. Would it be ok if I pay off the previous purchase and use the card again for $26? I want the free shipping so I need to use my card even though I have the money to pay for it. 

Thank you 

Won't hurt a thing.

Message 14 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you 

Won't hurt a thing.

Thank you. 

Message 15 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wanted to come back because I'm so excited. My SCT cards reported, one with a small balance for an overall util of 4% (since paid) and my score shot up 61 points on Experian.  

Do do I need to have one report a balance every month? 

Message 16 of 23
EAJuggalo
Established Contributor

It's best if one shows a balance.  I would get a Discover Secured and try Capital One in a couple months.  Who are the old loans with?  I got a Chase Freedom without a credit score and the only thing on my report being a Chase auto loan that was paid off in 2006.

EX700 TU 704 EQ 694 4/03/22
Cap1 QS-$4,500 Chase Freedom Flex- $800 Chase Freedom Unlimited- $1,000 Victoria's Secret- $1,200 Citi DC- $800 Amazon Store Card- $3,500 AMEX Hilton Honors-$1,000 Discover It-$1,000 Wal-Mart MC $290 Chase Sapphire Preferred-$5,000 NFCU Flagship $13,800 AMEX BCE-$1,000 AMEX Gold-$5,000 AMEX Delta Blue $1,000 Lowe's $5,000 Navy Platinum $17,000 AMEX BBP $2,000
Message 17 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@EAJuggalo wrote:

It's best if one shows a balance.  I would get a Discover Secured and try Capital One in a couple months.  Who are the old loans with?  I got a Chase Freedom without a credit score and the only thing on my report being a Chase auto loan that was paid off in 2006.

Thank you. The old loans were with One Main Financial. I think I need to find a full time job before trying for anything else. I'm part time self employed right now and that doesn't seem to go over well even for a secured card. 

Message 18 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Coming back to report in. My scores just jumped another 50 points. I haven't done anything different. No new credit, just using my store cards and letting them report 5-10% of my available credit as used then paying in full before the due date. I'm still going by the fako score for now, CK shows 644 for TU and 657 for Equifax. I'll likely buy a subscription for my real scores soon so that I can really see how I'm doing. For now, it only matters that I'm seeing progress. Thank you all again. 700 seems attainable. 

Message 19 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I decided to do the trial on Credit Check Total and it shows my scores as Exp 637, TU not available and Experian 691. Seems like a huge difference, is this normal? Also, are these high enough that I should consider applying for a regular credit card? As of now, I only have store cards through Comenity. I'd like a Discover It card or Amex card but don't want to waste HP if I need to wait longer. 

Thank you. 

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.