Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New here. Need help..

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New here. Need help..

First of all, thanks to everyone who posts here. I've been learning as I've been lurking. Now I'm jumping in so that I too can have a successful rebuilding credit story. I have collections on my credit reports and don't know where to start. On TU I have 3 open, 1 closed-PIF. EQ shows 7, 2-PIF. Of the 5 total (I'm using EQ since I have more baddies there), 3 are medical, one is the dreaded T-Mobile ERC, and the last is one for Lowes Foods. My issue is that the medical ones (totaling $392) and the Lowes Foods one are in the hands of a collection agency I cannot find any information for...it shows NTERCCOLL on my credit report. I think I've read that I would likely have more PFD luck with the medical bills. Can I contact the doctors office directly for that or do I have to try to find this agency since I need to pay them the $41 dollars for Lowes Foods as well? 

And me as for TMobile, the account was sent to ERC on 7/5/09. It shows opened on my credit report on 11/22/13 and last reported on 10/19/14. I'm not sure if any of this matters but I know there are people here who can help guide me on what to do first. 

My my credit history is only 3 months old. 1 secured card. Pre-qualified for QS1 but didn't pull trigger. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New here. Need help..

Get the QS1 card, Cap One is great for rebuilding.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New here. Need help..

Go for the QS1 before working on the negatives? I'm nervous about a denial, not to mention the inquiry. Although at this point I suppose it can't do too much harm. I felt like I should wait on getting a few baddies off or at least paid first (in hopes of deletion).

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.