cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New here - sent out my letters this week and hope for the best !

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New here - sent out my letters this week and hope for the best !

This website is amazing.  Thank you to those who take the time to listen and help us newbies out.  I love the success stories! I have been renting and would really love to buy a home soon.

I pulled my CR. Checked FICO (673)

I have 8 baddies.

1 recently gone to collections (Mercantile) for an old utility bill I knew nothing of until I pulled my CR. I sent DV letter. If they verify, I am prepared to do a PFD.

Kohls - two 30 and one 60 day in 2009

Capital one - one 30 day 2011

Victoria Secret - one 30 day in 2011

Sent GW letters today

SYNCB/gap - settled with partial payement in Nov 2009

Card Member Service/US Bank -settled with partial payment Nov 2009

Chase/BP Oil - settled with partial payment in Nov 2009

CitiCard - settled with partial payment in Nov 2009

At the time I setteld I had no idea about PFD - ugh.  I sent out GW letters today.

Card Member/US Bank is on my CR twice.  Is that something I can address?

Unfortunately,  I have a forclosue from my divorce . It is scheduled to be on record until June 2017.  I guess there is nothing I can do about that? If the rest of your CR is clean except for that, how do mortgage companies feel about it?

I am keeping positive that I will have success.  I'm a single mom and will be applying for a mortgage by myself (USDA). 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: New here - sent out my letters this week and hope for the best !

If the US Bank is the same acccount duplicated just dispute one of them as being a duplicate of the other. For the FC GW letters as well. One can attain a new home loan 2 years post FC and it looks like this one has been that and more. You want the highest credit score possible though before you go to a lender to get a home loan so keep up your GW campaign at once a month if you dont get the results you are after right away, sometimes it takes years to get GW.

Welcome to the board Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do I dispute the duplicate with the CRA or the OC?  It showed up on only 2 or my 3 CR.  Thanks!

Message 3 of 4
tendertan
Frequent Contributor

Curious did you have any luck with SYNCB?  I've been trying to get a TL removed that is paid for less.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.