Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New here

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New here

Hi,
I have been lurking on this board for a couple of weeks and really like the information that you all share. I was absolutely clueless about how credit scores worked and how my lack of knowledge could prevent me from meeting my goals financially. I have 11 negative items on my credit report that I would like to handle. My total debt is $2700. I can pay the debts in full, but I have gotten conflicting advice about doing so. My scores are equifax 587, experian 613, and transunion 651. I am ready to start on the road to recovery. My goal is to get a mortgage loan by Jan 2014. TIA for any info that you guys provide.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

Re: New here

If all reporting is accurate on the reports send them PFD's if they refuse you can always pay it then GW them to death. A paid collection always looks better to an underwriter. A paid collection however does nothing to increase your score
NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 2 of 4
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Hello and welcome to the forums.   Read up on these threads below to get a good idea of where to start.  Post anything you have questions about and we will be glad to help you.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/What-Steps-Do-I-Take-Do-I-DV-PFD/td-p/337142

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/GW-letter-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-GW-Success-Sto...

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 4
novabama
Frequent Contributor

What they said.... I suggest not paying anything without the agreement to delete unless last resort. Feel free to post the info about the negatives if you have any questions or if you want specific advice on particular CAs. Congrats on getting started!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.