Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New here

tag
pdidy68
New Visitor

New here

Hello All....

I am new to the boards and just want to ask a few questions about getting back on track. Over the years I have had no luck with cc and always had the highest rates and sub prime cards(first premier, cap one...) and never was able to get the bank cards like Amex and Chase... This past month I have been trying to put everything back together and started reading on this board. I have recieved a discover(1.4k) a Barclays(500) and a few other retails such as macys, old navy, target...... My question is as follows, I have pulled my CR and noticed CC that have closed over 2 years ago are still reporting and it still shows late payments. What is the SOL of old accounts that have already been paid and still show late paymentsd. I assumed it was a two year history. Also I have had numerous auto loans and when paid off, they list them as closed rather than paid as agreed, can this hurt my score and credit? Trying to read up on everything in here.....This is a great site!!

Pdidy

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: New here

@pdidy68 wrote:

Hello All....

I am new to the boards and just want to ask a few questions about getting back on track. Over the years I have had no luck with cc and always had the highest rates and sub prime cards(first premier, cap one...) and never was able to get the bank cards like Amex and Chase... This past month I have been trying to put everything back together and started reading on this board. I have recieved a discover(1.4k) a Barclays(500) and a few other retails such as macys, old navy, target...... My question is as follows, I have pulled my CR and noticed CC that have closed over 2 years ago are still reporting and it still shows late payments. What is the SOL of old accounts that have already been paid and still show late paymentsd. I assumed it was a two year history. CRTP for negatives is 7.5 yrs max, the late payments frop at 7 year mark and if the account was closed in good standing once the last late drops off it will become a positive closed account. Closed positives stay around for up to 10 yrs post close.

Also I have had numerous auto loans and when paid off, they list them as closed rather than paid as agreed, can this hurt my score and credit? Nothing wrong with reporting this way there is no hit to FICO because of it.,

Trying to read up on everything in here.....This is a great site!!

Pdidy

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.